Air Cleaner remote problem

larry merlau

i have a general international super turbo model air cleaner with a remote switch, it will turn on but wont turn it off, also cant adjust the speeds on it now or the length of time it runs.. just get one led to light up and it will turn on but wont shut off.. took it apart to look inside and the switches on the board all look fine feel good but only one led lights up.. and antenna wire lays next to the board.. in order to turn it off i have to manually switch it off above on the unit now..
415Vre8tHrL.jpg

Silly question, but does the remote have fresh batteries in it? I've seen that kind of behavior on other remotes if the batteries were weak.

Well Larry you made a wise buy. My Grizz equivalent comes on simply from the light emitted by my lights being turn on. I dont bother with my remote anymore whats the point? i now use a piece of wood to press the switches. :)

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Within a single integrated circuit, there are many circuits made up of transistors, and diodes. Though these individual components are all contained within the same "chip", they still can have individually different characteristics. Thus when the battery voltage gets low, some of the circuits can function and others can't or won't. I have troubleshot some really interesting and tough problems because of low power supply voltage(battery voltage in this case).

Last edited:
thanks ken,, after the first unheard of word from vaughn i knew i was going now where fast in the answer he had for me:) your expeiernce makes sence.. as i do know a little about electronics, and the parts in there:)

Ken's explanation makes sense but Vaughn's was much better.

I have experienced this with my TV remote. When the battery was weak, I could change the volume but not the channels.

Within a single integrated circuit, there are many circuits made up of transistors, and diodes. Though these individual components are all contained within the same "chip", they still can have individually different characteristics. Thus when the battery voltage gets low, some of the circuits can function and others can't or won't. I have troubleshot some really interesting and tough problems because of low power supply voltage(battery voltage in this case).

That's exactly what I said, but I didn't get all wordy about it. :rolleyes:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: