Paasche Air Filter

Little gloat. I purchased this air filter for spraying water based finishes and dyes. Since I have no windows in the building I decided to get one and will as you can see in picture #2 a 4" dryer vent to vent to the outside. I have had bronchitis problems when spraying finishes even wearing a mask because of no way to eliminate the fumes. Well now I can and will also control over spray which will be nice. It will also be nice when doing pyro pieces as it will exhaust the smoke. I had a box fan with a filter but did little IMHO. Going to mount a light in the top or just use my desk lamp.

Attachments

• Air Filter 1.jpg
    Air Filter 1.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 18
  • Air Filter 2.jpg
    Air Filter 2.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 16
  • Air Filter 3.jpg
    Air Filter 3.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 17
Very cool, Bernie. :thumb:

You mentioned that a respirator didn't eliminate the fumes. Do you mean fumes were getting through the mask? What kind of respirator were you using?

Hi Bernie,

I sure hope that this works for you.

WWII in service in SanDiego. I had reason to go to a part of the base where a guy was spray painting. He was in a room about 10 x10 feet. One wall was no wall, wide open. The other 3 walls were like Niagra Falls; thick heavy sheets of water were flowing down a few inches out from the actual wall. Air was sucked out through filters behind the sheets of water---a bazillion gallons a minute.

What was the guy painting? A toilet seat.

Even ignoring the cost of labor (the guy is in the service like me*) it had to cost much more to paint that toilet seat than to buy a new one.

* WWII there were very few civilians on a military base. The service (at least the Navy and Marine Corps) did not contract out very much for outside services. The service people did darn near everything.

Enjoy,

JimB

just in case bernie,, in your picture you show a round base for spraying on.. some suggestions: from the flat side of town.. make a adapter that you can hang your bird house on to spray and rotate the base with a swivel under it the rod holding your bird house can be removed for your other spiny stuff..

Thanks to all.

Vaughn the fumes weren't getting thru the mask they just lingered in the room. As I said no windows in the building. So after spraying I would take off the mask and the lacquer would hit me. I think this is going to work pretty well as I tried it with a piece with some rattle can poly. Has a fiber filter and charcoal filter. Still going to route it outside.

Larry thanks for the idea. I had a idea of using something like that for small vases so I could hang them and rotate them. Thanks again.