Wine Stoppers

Jeff Bower

I turned these last week but didn't get any pics until this weekend. 2 walnut, one splated maple.

I had plenty of time to take the pics...I set up a booth at the horse show I made the awards for on Saturday. Just a bit slow...sold 1 bowl. Lots of people stopped and said they loved the awards, but no sales to speak of.

Attachments

• IMAG0649.jpg
    IMAG0649.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 30
  • IMAG0654.jpg
    IMAG0654.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 31
  • IMAG0655.jpg
    IMAG0655.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 31
Nice-looking stoppers, Jeff. Sorry to see the weekend sales were slow. At least you got some exposure out of the deal. ;)

Those look great! Really like that spalted one.

Sorry it was slow for the show, but never know when something will come from one of those. Given the event, people probably just weren't in the mode of buying things, but it's good to show off what other wares you have so they know you do other things.

Great looking stoppers Jeff. I think sales are slow everywhere. I haven't sold a thing at the gallery or gift store now from about 2 months. Sold a few items here at the shop.

Thanks guys, I wasn't expecting to sell much over the weekend. It was pretty cool to see pictures of people holding the awards I made in front of their horses as they accepted them.

I like the spalted one.

Well as to the show i guess you learned just because there is a crowd don't mean they in the right mode for shopping.

When picking a location to set up shop consider the mood people will be in. Your items will need impulse to trigger the buy. This is not the frame of mind show goers are in.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks again everyone. The only reason I set up a booth is that the owners of the equestrian center, who are good friends of mine, told me how much everyone loved the awards I made and some had asked about what else I made. The show program had half a page about me and my stuff and they offered to wave the fee of having a booth so I felt I owed it to them to set up and display some stuff. They agreed with me it probably wasn't the right venue afterwards. I was only out a few hours, I saw some beautiful horses and the weather was great...no real loss to me. :)