Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Friday 5/25 Edition

Santa Claus, In

Friday 5/25 Edition

Once again, Friday has rolled around. Holiday weekend for some of us.

So what's going on in your neighborhood?

Myself, shop time I think. Need another load of gravel for a wife project. We have a heat wave going on, talking about maybe triple digits next few days. Sunday is 1100 miles of left turns, should be a good time. Cook outs and lots of food this weekend.
    If you don't take pride in your work, life get's pretty boring.

Rule of thumb is if you don’t know what tool to buy next, then you probably don’t need it yet.

Thomasville, GA
    Friday: Doing a little work on our lawn equipment building to prepare it for painting. Mow the lawn.

Saturday: A little shop time working on items for our bathroom remodel.

Sunday: Like Steve said, 1100 miles of left turns - hope we don't get dizzy!

Monday: Hopefully, a do-nothing day!!!
    Bill Arnold
    Citizen of Texas residing in Georgia.
    NRA Life Member
    Member of Mensa
    Live every day like it's your last, but don't forget to stop and smell the roses.

falcon heights, minnesota
    working on the cradle, working on the chess board, still looking for work.
    benedictione omnes bene

Syracuse, Nebraska
    Semi-annual flea market at Brownville, NE this weekend. Last time I went I scored a No. 8 Bailey for 20 bucks! Hoping for a good find again. Supposed to be mid to upper 90's so I'll be staying in the shade.

GTA Ontario Canada
    Painting, painting and more painting....

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

DSM, IA
    Good friend in town tonight for a few cold ones. Tomorrow the wife leaves for a girls weekend so I will play single dad. Sunday having my parents and sister's family over for BBQ and birthday party for my dad before they leave for a long planned trip to AK. Monday rest and relaxation.
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Southwood View Post
    We have a heat wave going on, talking about maybe triple digits next few days.
    It was 62 and sunny yesterday, with a cool breeze. Definitively shorts and tee shirt weather. But the next couple of days, it is climbing to 72. When it gets hot like that, I just don't have much desire to do much. Probably just plan out my next couple of honey-do projects, with some shop remodel planning thrown in for my sake. If the heat wave does not do me in, I might sneak out with the clubs. I keep them hidden in the truck and just claim I am running to Lowes for supplies. Although it is hard to explain why it took 4 hours, since Lowes is only 5 minutes away.
    “When love and skill work together, expect a masterpiece.” - John Ruskin
    “Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” - Oscar Wilde

new york city burbs
    suffering with a bad back, but Im going to try to get some kitchen work in my sons home with his help.

Im basically trapped where I live, with the big weekend, and all the beaches near me, traffic becomes a nightmare.
    I cant go in any direction this weekend, from yesterday to monday evening.
    I have to drop my daughter at the airport late this afternoon, and Im already disgusted knowing the traffic we are going to have.
    Human Test Dummy

Kansas City, Missouri
    Probably mow tonight, however it's been raining here and suppose to hit the 90's, so I may swim tonight and mow when it's cooler tomorrow morning.

Have a friend coming over tomorrow that is moving to LA in a few weeks, so going to hang with him by the pool and do some bbq'ing. May do some outdoor movies too to watch from the pool.

Sunday I need to pickup some plywood and start building road cases for the new photo booth.

Monday I plan to make a trip down to the cemeteries with some fresh flowers from the garden.

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Outside the beltway
    Shelly and I will be heading to western Md to a Victorian Mennonite restraint and hotel , Sunday I get to hear Keith Castell preach in a appellation back woods church he was asked to preach at. Keith is a Gideon and travels to the out back churches. Keith is the gun builder who tough me 30 years ago to build Flint locks.
    I am looking forward to spending Sunday with a old friend and his wife.
    I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.
    ::: Andrew Wyeth :::