Thanks!

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
To all that have served and are serving. :wave:

Our son Greg is on U.S.S. Nimitz. We found a pic of him on the Nimitz FB page that was taken yesterday. This was as they manned the rails passing under the Golden Gate bridge for it's 75th Anniversary of it's opening. We're very proud of him.

Greg_USSNimitz_SF_GoldenGate_75th_Anniversary_sm.jpg

That must have been a nice little surprise Darren!

Just to pile on, I'd also like to thank everyone who is, or has, served our country. Without you and your service, we would not be the country we are today.

You have every right to be proud of him Darren!

Today I remember and honor all my brothers and sisters in arms who paid the ultimate price in the service of our country. In my heart and mind especially are the 58,000+ of my generation who died as a result of that most unpopular war. You are not forgotten.

You have every right to be proud of him Darren!

Today I remember and honor all my brothers and sisters in arms who paid the ultimate price in the service of our country. In my heart and mind especially are the 58,000+ of my generation who died as a result of that most unpopular war. You are not forgotten.

+1 to everything you said Fitz

Another +1

I am one of the very fortunate ones. I spent a few years in WWII. I never shot a gun except on a range. I never had anyone shoot at me. And, “yes” I have heard the bit about everyone who serves contributes. And, “yes” I have to agree with that.

However, I think Memorial Day hits people like me a bit harder than most of those who did not serve or lose a relative. I was there. I worked with many who did not come back in one piece or at all. They are real people; most of them, good people. THEY ARE NOT JUST A STATISTIC!

Remember them. Appreciate them.

Younger people, learn about the reason they gave so much. If you knew them, you would not burn flags, wear swastikas, and do the other crazy things that some youth do because they are totally ignorant of what went on.

Enjoy the world you have because of them.

JimB

That must have been a nice little surprise Darren!

Oh believe me, it made our day, my wife's been chirpy all day long. The first pic was from behind, but knew it was him (middle of the pic). I had mentioned to Ken earlier, he also called my wife yesterday, which used to be like pulling teeth. Always joked about the day that the aliens returned him...seems they have. :D

Greg_USSNimitz_SF_GoldenGate_75th_Anniversary2sm.jpg

You know Jim, not many of us are lucky enough to know some one who was there in the WWII.

I was lucky enough to get to know Sharon's dad who was.

You Sir, are honestly a national treasure and for whatever little teeny tiny way I may know you, I am thankful of that.

You did do you part, and I am glad to have you here to give us a little bit of your wisdom every now and then.

Another +1

I am one of the very fortunate ones. I spent a few years in WWII. I never shot a gun except on a range. I never had anyone shoot at me. And, “yes” I have heard the bit about everyone who serves contributes. And, “yes” I have to agree with that.

However, I think Memorial Day hits people like me a bit harder than most of those who did not serve or lose a relative. I was there. I worked with many who did not come back in one piece or at all. They are real people; most of them, good people. THEY ARE NOT JUST A STATISTIC!

Remember them. Appreciate them.

Younger people, learn about the reason they gave so much. If you knew them, you would not burn flags, wear swastikas, and do the other crazy things that some youth do because they are totally ignorant of what went on.

Enjoy the world you have because of them.

JimB

Darren with a Dad who served in the navy for 15 years through WW2 there is nothing to beat them Navy boys in the full whites.:D Bet the sheilas go crazy over them too.

Far to few pause to even consider how lucky we all are to have someone out there keeping their eyes open for those that may try harm us if we were not looking. I am sure it would be a huge moral boost for these guys to know we all appreciate them, think of them and thank them quiet a bit more than what we do.

Thank him from me for keeping us all safe and sound so we can play in our shops while they keep an eye out.:thumb: