finally getting back to the easel

Raccoon coming out of a oak tree knot hole, the studio behind the house is all set up.

20120530_185132-1.jpg

Larry I think he will be it. The problem here is I can only stand or sit at the easel for about 2 hrs at a time then I start hurting. That's not enough time to get into artist character for a long sit thus I lose traction on direction. So I hope this will turn out.

Dave words escape me. All i can think of is you are a truly gifted person to be able to do this. I have no clue how you do it. Get Jarrod to do a video of one of your painting sessions and then do a speed up time lapse of it.

You know i grew up with a family where the mom we called her Auntie Pat, was a painter. She worked as a commercial artist for a department store back in the day when the signs were hand painted with poster paint. Boy you wanted to see this lady do portraits. She was one very special lady impressive in many more ways than just painting. She found time in between working and bringing up 7 kids. But then we never had TV back in those days so i guess it just shows how destructive TV is to lifestyles.

Well done Dave. BTW some of your pictures are not showing in earlier threads. Photobucket seems to be playing up or did you remove them?

Last edited:
Looking great dave,, i can see where there can be a lot of detail needed in the tree area, after seeing a setting like this in real life more than once..but after seeing your birch tree in your wolf series i know its gonna be spectacular!!!

Thanks Rob & Larry. You encouragement is inspirational to me. I don't always feel like painting when the tough areas come up but it comments like yours that help me push through these areas.
thanks
20120610_152209.jpg

Last edited:
Toni, I am down to working this inch by inch , so after about 4 hours and only moving about 4-5 inches plus a few fill in's around other places to keep sane it can be frustrating, but a glass of Red and the new 24" flat screen in the studio helps LOL

Thanks for allowing us to ride along Dave, reminds me of cloud watching as a child...leaning back, starring, envisioning all sorts of things as they come to pass...heck, I see a possible horses head, or another wolf beginning, even a snake's snout in this latest update....good stuff :thumb: