Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Off to the Apple store...

Off to the Apple store...

My mother wants a new iPad, and I'm about 3 miles from the 'closest' Apple store, so I'm going to go shopping for her today... going to pick up a 32 Gig wifi only (she won't need 4G) white ipad, plus an airport extreme router and some other accessories for her.

I'm in serious iPad lust right now, but with the move, I'm just going to have to save up awhile and get my own later.
    -Ned

My wife loves hers and I think my daughter uses it more than she does. I'm just holding out for work to buy me one, they will eventually.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word ďboo.Ē Ė Robert Brault

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Wright View Post
    My wife loves hers and I think my daughter uses it more than she does. I'm just holding out for work to buy me one, they will eventually.
    well my 'new boss' will buy me one eventually... Since I'm the new boss, it will simply be an expense for the studio. Second or third '$700' I make will go toward that (or I'll simply start saving up for one out of photo profits).
    -Ned

You'll like that Airport Extreme router. It's the best, and most powerful - router I've had. I can use my laptop in the hammock, a full 150 feet away from the house, amd still get a 130mpps signal.

I also put an airport 'repeater' module in the shop - about 100 feet and ffour interfering walls away from the Extreme, and I fet 130 mps there, too.

Pricey stuff (like everything Apple) but definitely worth it.
    Jim D.
    Adapt, Improvise, Overcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim DeLaney View Post
    You'll like that Airport Extreme router. It's the best, and most powerful - router I've had. I can use my laptop in the hammock, a full 150 feet away from the house, amd still get a 130mpps signal.

I also put an airport 'repeater' module in the shop - about 100 feet and ffour interfering walls away from the Extreme, and I fet 130 mps there, too.

Pricey stuff (like everything Apple) but definitely worth it.
    Jim, I have an airport extreme for my iMac up in NY, and you're right, best router I've ever owned.

incidentally, Using the new iPad now, too cool, and I 'need' one even worse now!
    -Ned

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Gallian View Post
    where are the apple bashers?
    Here I am. I don't like Apple.
    If you don't take pride in your work, life get's pretty boring.

Rule of thumb is if you donít know what tool to buy next, then you probably donít need it yet.

Apple sauce, apple pie, apple cider, fried apples are all ok in my books, Apple tech products, I don't like .
    If you don't take pride in your work, life get's pretty boring.

Rule of thumb is if you donít know what tool to buy next, then you probably donít need it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Southwood View Post
    Apple sauce, apple pie, apple cider, fried apples are all ok in my books, Apple tech products, I don't like .
    FWIW, all my computers are Dell, but the Apple Airport Extreme router is the best I've used, including Linksys, and several other brands. In nearly two years, it's been trouble free - never even neede a reboot. I like it.

Disclaimer: I'n not affiliated with Apple, but I do own an iPod 2.
    Jim D.
    Adapt, Improvise, Overcome!

Normally I would totally be in Steves camp. But i have to sheepishly admit the products they make work. Of course had others chosen to restrict all sorts to only their designs then perhaps we would be supporting many more varieties of operating systems today.
    It sure is easier to make a suite of software that works on only your hardware platform and make it perform if you have no one else to cater to. But then i dont think we would have had the low cost computers around the world today.

My only beef with Apple is the way they tie you in and want to control your life. I do think its a great business model for them but i am not a shareholder

What we also do not see in this tech world is the cross licencing that takes place of patented technology. There are some things that often are not attributable to Apple or for that matter any other brand but they get the credit.
    cheers

My wife needed an ipad for certain apps at school. being a teacher and having to use specific apps for teaching english and social studies you would think the school would buy her one.

anyway, i found a used one on craigs list. ipad first edition wifi, 64mb and leather case for $200 (my secret tool fund is now short $200) . works great and she is happy. that's all that matters I guess
    Faith, Hope & Charity