well its been awhile, and since vaughn drugded up some old spinny stuff. i figured i should try to even the score on the flat side this was a fine example of how Sketchup, thanks to Dave Richards saved time and allowed things to be changed prior to the wood being cut and saved a lot of gas and phone costs. see this was for my youngest daughter's little one "Margo" and she is about 10 months old and loves to be read to, and then plays with the pretty cloth books or the others as well.. so "mitch" scratched the beginning look and sizes and then i drew it up in sketchup and realized it was way outa proportion and to top heavy with the narrow base she had. so we changed it up and sent off a jpg for her to see after the changes had been made.. got the approval and began the cutting. as i got started i realized i could get more width and use the material better so we got more base width to better support the thing in vertical mode, but this was to be used horizontal as well so that made things more interesting.. needed to have some supports so that it wouldnt be laying on the side completely. so we made some special trim to solve the problem and allow for a common look either way it was to be used. so just some regular red oak sides and shelves and lacquer finish with a ply back.
electrons cut before wood