So you think your dog has some special skills...

Bill Satko

It is looking like a slow day of woodworking postings, so I will continue the trend.

Tucker.jpg

" Tucker has been trained to smell orca poop from as far as a mile away. Tucker never goes in the water, he just leans over the bow in the direction the boat should travel "

Ditto what Roger said. :thumb:

I'm pretty sure my dog can smell cat poop from a mile away. She calls them Tootsie Rolls. :eek: :rolleyes:

I remember when I was a teenager, my mother and stepfather bought a golden retriever.
It was a new puppy.
It cried and cried every night as we all went upstairs and we left it in its play pen area, a small section of the den downstairs that was walled in for the dog.
My stepfather always had dogs, so he was training him as usual.
Left the newspaper down each night, so the dog understood where to do his business.
Gradually, he left less and less newspaper, you all know the drill.
Finally, when they finally thought they housebroke the dog, no paper was left downstairs.
The first night there was no paper, my mother and stepfather used to play cards alot to relax.
They dropped a card on the floor and went up to bed.
when they came down in the morning, the dog left them a present, but the entire present was sitting right smack on the card left on the floor.

I dont know about talent, but I know if as far as bombardiers go, that dog would have been one of the best.

Allen, that's a great story.

I came home the other night and as usual on Wednesday's I go out after dinner and bring in the trash cans from the street. Well my wife wasn't done eating yet and Audrey, our rat terrier, was quite intent on watching her eat until she was done. I called to Audrey and she hesitantly came outside with me. I headed down to the end of the drive to get the trash, on my way back I noticed Audrey wasn't with me. Looking around, I found her on the side of the house, outside the dinning room watching my wife finish her meal through the window. :)