Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: new/old saw

new/old saw

On way to town today I passed a yard sale sign that said "tools". Had to stop. Wheeled in. The guy was cleaning out his garage and had lots of various tools. This old Craftsman (model 133) table saw was there marked $50.00. I asked him to run it. He had to plug in to run, which it did very smoothly. But the switch was broken. He came down to $40.00, I said I would think on it. He countered with $35.00. I continued looking around and came back and handed him $25.00 which he happily took. It definitely needs cleaning but everything works, motor, a 3/4 hp. is new. I am happy with the big table with wings. Kinda feeble in the power department but I'll look around for a 1 1/2 or 2 hp in 110V. My very old $89.00 Delta will be up for sale. I'll ask $50.00 and take almost anything offered. Not a bad day considering.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Craftsman table saw.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	72.2 KB 
ID:	67885
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

Bargains all around!
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

It could be worse You could be on fire.
    Stupid hurts.

table saw - $50 (Millwood)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Date: 2012-06-08, 9:23PM EDT
    Reply to: kcz2x-3053895555@sale.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Craftsman table saw. Works very well. no scammers, cash only. Must sell, moving to LA.

pretty strange frank, Im looking for a used cheap saw to stick in my sons garage for the time Im doing his kitchen in case I need to rip something on site, and Im going to contact this guy and see if I can get up there monday, Iwas going to offer him 40. looks like the same saw.
    Human Test Dummy

Congrats! use it in good health.
    Chinese Proverb: Man who eats many prunes gets good run for the money.

Congrats, Frank. That should be a nice step up, and the price is hard to beat.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Thanks all. I'm happy. I'll be out of town today but tomorrow I'll clean it up and remove the old switch. If I can't find a switch locally, Grizzly has a big assortment at good prices. Plus shipping.
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

That's a sweet saw Frank. Nice find
    Faith, Hope & Charity

Check it out, tune it up, slap a sharp blade in there and I think you have money well spent!
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

Not a bad day indeed! Congratulatulations!
    Cheers,
    Roger

The other member of Mensa, but not the NRA

Everyone is a self-made person.

"The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their veracity" -Abraham Lincoln