Corn Hole Boards

Greg Brimer

Here are some Alabama corn hole boards that I made for my brother who lives in Alabama. This set was a whole lot easier to make since I used the Kreg Pocket Hole Jig. No more wood putty for me.
I used my 3/4 hp Ryobi router on the edges of the boards. I used a 3/8 round over bit. These boards are hand painted and poly. I made the stencil at work out of 22ga stainless steel. Used the water jet to cut it out. I also made a stencil to go around the hole in the board. It is made out of stainless also. I line up the I.D with the whole in the board and then just go around with the xacto knife.

Greg

ala1a.jpgala2a.jpgala5a.jpg

Played at a lot of tailgating parties in the midwest. My Brother has made a few sets. Quite a fun little game actually.

May I ask, exactly what are these used for??

For those that do not know: The corn hole game gets the name from the corn kernels that are used in the bags that you throw towards the hole in the boards. There are two boards that are set up across from each other and you score points by getting a bag on the board or into the hole. First one to 21 wins the game.

The pic below lets you see how the boards sit during a game.

Attachments

• cornholeplansfoldinglegs.jpg
    cornholeplansfoldinglegs.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 15
I really am surprised that my brothers and I are alive today. We played lawn darts all the time. We would stand in the circle and see who could get the closet to each others feet. :dunno:

* More of a lawn darts kinda guy myself. :D[/QUOTE]