It's been a long, strange road

Bill Lantry

Hey, folks,

If you've been following along on facebook, you know it's been a twisted, hilly road. And yet, this evening I was able to take this picture:

Doorlink, with the new book in hand:

kateandcover-e1339641025735.jpg

Thanks,

Bill

Well, ordered my copy. An honest to goodness actual book printed out on paper and everything. Been a while since I bought one of those. Especially one of those that wasn't science fiction!

Congratulations Bill all the best with the book sales. Hope you got a good deal. Congrats to Doorlink too it takes a team to achieve this success.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Congrats to Doorlink too it takes a team to achieve this success.

Truer words were never spoken! I've done a number of interviews lately, but most places really want to interview Doorlink! When we won the Potomac Review prize, They had tons of questions for us. But they cut the answers about the actual writing, and focused on the ones about her!

http://potomacreview.wordpress.com/...t-won-the-2012-potomac-review-poetry-contest/

Thanks for the good wishes about sales. What you need to know is that poetry books aren't big sellers. In the amazon rankings, it's considered a success if you come in at # two million or even three million. So imagine my shock yesterday when I looked in and saw we were at six hundred thousand! Then I looked in this morning and saw the graph going in the right direction. With a little luck, we'll break the hundred thousand barrier sometime today, which is unheard of for a first book of poetry. Heck, some novels don't even get close to that. And the book hasn't even officially launched yet. That happens tomorrow evening, in New York City:

http://www.facebook.com/events/205949492860514/

It all seems like a whirlwind. Best of all, there are a number of woodworking poems in the book, about routing, turning things on the lathe, building Doorlink's kitchen, etc. Everything feels like it's coming together... ;)

Thanks,

Bill