Thread: Garden Hod - As close as I've come to woodworking in a long time

Garden Hod - As close as I've come to woodworking in a long time

Bought a cedar fence board, cut it up a little bit, screwed it together, and stapled on a little hardware cloth.

Total time to make = 20 minutes.

What is a garden hod? Basically just something you can use to tote the harvest from the garden to the house, with a quick stop off at the hose to rinse off any dirt or critters on the way. Since it's cedar and galvanized, the water shouldn't be much of a problem.

Can't remember the price on the wood, but I think it was 2 or 3 bucks for the board. Already have a bunch of hardware cloth around, so that's the most expensive part.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FWW-6007.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	108.1 KB 
ID:	68096
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

Spitting distance north of Detroit Michigan
    Hey, that's pretty cool, guess I get some sawdust making time this weekend after all....I got some cedar but no cloth-wire, wonder if slats would be sufficient? Sure beats scaring the neighbors by pulling up my t-shirt to carry things in

bethel springs TN, but was born and raised in north east PA
    That's really cool. i don't have any cedar,but i do have a bunch of cyprus.I think i have some hardware cloth also. Been using our grandathers easter basket.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cook View Post
    Hey, that's pretty cool, guess I get some sawdust making time this weekend after all....I got some cedar but no cloth-wire, wonder if slats would be sufficient? Sure beats scaring the neighbors by pulling up my t-shirt to carry things in
    Plenty of pics of them made with nothing but slats, which is probably even cooler!

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Bellinger View Post
    That's really cool. i don't have any cedar,but i do have a bunch of cyprus.I think i have some hardware cloth also. Been using our grandathers easter basket.
    From the looks of your garden, you're going to need something bigger/stronger!
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.

Thanks again Brent for the idea! SWMBO is a happy gardener She'll{we'll} use it to haul in flowers as well as the goodies
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VeggieHauler.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	76.6 KB 
ID:	68599

Ken, That one is worlds above and beyond. Very classic, and classy job. Congrats!

Thanks! I went overboard, but I got to stretch my math skills...BTW, don't zoom in or see it in person if it's to stay 'classy' part of me wanted to go furniture grade, the other part kept saying 'yeah right, nail it & sail it'...they both 'sorta' won

When I first saw the item I thought it was to sifter ( don't know it is the right word) the soil so that big pieces and stones would remain inside and hence could be removed easily having a more uniform particle soil. Then I read your explanation and thought to myself hmm... bad product semantics, but after I realised that it could be used for both.

Great idea Brent!
    Best regards,
    Toni

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________
    web site:http://www.toniciuraneta.com
    I also dream of a shop with north light where my hands can be busy, my soul rest and my mind wander...