Also did a few wine glasses and margarita glasses

Chuck Ellis

40-1367_0.JPG40-1369.jpg40-1368_0.JPG40-1412_0.jpg40-1400_0.JPG40-1411_0.JPG

The first is slippery elm (also called Chinese elm I think).. the tree is on a national registry as being one of the oldest in TN... a single limb broke out of the tree about 20 feet up... the limb was at least 12 inches dia... I picked up almost a full truck load of wood from the and only got one limb.... the base of has to be 5 or 6 ft diameter...
The second is a set of margarita glasses on purple heart... the picture shows them to be redder than they actually are... they've darkened up nicely.
The third set is also margarita glasses on Caribbean Rosewood stems.
The fourth set is almost a pilsner but will probably be called a champagne glass also on Caribbean Rosewood.
The fifth is a rose colored glass on purple heart stems...
and the last is green colored glass on Poplar... I was hoping for a little more green in the poplar, but not as much as I wanted..

Those look great Chuck how do they sell. The 4th on the glass on the right looks to be crooked but it must be just me .

nope, it's crooked... I let the glass slip just slightly when I set them in place and 5 minute epoxy sets and cures in 4.5 minutes... as for selling, I have good days with them and some not so good... as soon as I figure out how to spend the "OOHS and AHHS" I'll be much better off. They're fun to make though.