New to me freebies

The guy next door wanted to thank me for cutting his grass the past 5 or 6 weeks while his hand healed up after having a bone in his thumb replaced. This morning he came over & presented me with these little beauties he snagged at a garage sale...

Untitled-1.jpg Untitled-2.jpg

The planer was attached to the stand, but I barely have enough room to pass gas, so it{the stand} will either be disassembled & stored or passed onto someone who can use it. He had no idea what the clamps were used for, but he picked up both the 32":dunno:36"? & the 50" for $5.00..after I explained the clamp uses we decided he should keep one for himself{besides, I told him that I knew where he lived if I needed the larger one :D}...He wouldn't say what he paid for the planer, he just smiled and said he was still "way ahead"...great to have good neighbors, or good to have great neighbors, either/or, I'm blessed to have quite a few on our little street!

I don't know much about this planer except it works fine, it seems. Though I will be making it a permanent home of some sort with in-feed & out-feed tables, currently set-up, it leaves about 2-3 inches of snipe, but hopefully some fine tuning and the possibility of some of you having a tip or two to share will square away most of the bugs I might encounter.

Anyways...sorry for rambling, I'm still giddy over this....hope you all have a great weekend, and be sure to at least wave hi to your neighbors...you just never know...:thumb:

Very cool. This just proves that whole "comes around, goes around" thing. :thumb:

On the snipe thing, it can often be reduced (if not eliminated) by fine-tuning the infeed and outfeed tables (or rollers, in this case). That said, I have a cheap Delta planer that I have yet found the magic settings to eliminate snipe. Hopefully others here with more experience than me can chime in with some suggestions.

That's the Ryobi AP10 planer. It's the first portable planer made. I worked for Ryobi and sold thousands of them back then (late 1980's). It's only 10" but it's an awesome machine. No bells and whistles but it works great.

Nice neighbor :thumb:

Thanks guys, & for the tips & the model info Bob, that made easy work in finding an on-line manual {not that there's a lot to this, but always nice to have} :thumb:
I hope to build a jig-like platform for the in & out feeds, along the lines of being able to simply set the planer in place on the platform, bolt 'er down & go...would make for easy storage compared to a full-out work station.

Boy you sure are blessed Ken to have a neighbor like that. Just the fact that he acknowledged what you had done for him was enough for me, the tools well they cream and cherries on top (oh make em black cherries too :) ).
You will fit it in i am sure....somewhere....by what we seen you do before i see your creative side getting a little work out.
Kudos to him and you....boy we can swap neighbors anytime you like :)

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2