took a walk to the back to the '50s today....

Dan Noren

Staff member
it was such a nice day today, that the wife :blah: and i took a walk over to the back to the 50's, to see the cars, and say hi to my brother (he had his cars there). not a bad walk, 7 blocks to the fairgrounds, and another couple of miles before we found him. we rested up a bit, had some brats and pop, and headed back out. the cars are his 56, 57 gasser, 57 support car (tires, oil, tools, etc), and my wife :blah: in the 56.

Attachments

• bea in 56.jpg
    bea in 56.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 48
  • jimmy 56.jpg
    jimmy 56.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 47
  • jimmy gasser.jpg
    jimmy gasser.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 47
  • jimmy support car.jpg
    jimmy support car.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 51
Those were classic cars... my folks, Mom and StepDad had a '56 back in the day... they actually had two '50's model Chevies... a '52 tear drop and the '56... they used the '52 to pull their 30' travel trailer when they changed job locations... the '56 wouldn't pull it. They were in Chandler AZ in 1963 when I got off the bus on my way from my brother's funeral back to Treasure Island in San Francisco... after a short visit Mom started talking about a car she had seen down on the local car lot... it was a '59 Impala... Red and White with an Okie rake on the rear end and fender skirts... originally out of Franklin, TN, so was probably an Airforce guy that brought it to AZ.... she loved that car but they weren't in a position to buy it, so me and my mouth said "I'll buy it"..... so my first car was a '59 Impala that made me a very popular guy on the ship when I got back.

sorry bob, i checked with my brother, and the wagon isn't a nomad, it's what was called back then a 2 door handyman special.

zoot suits? me? you're the new yorker here allen.... lol

i've got 30 some odd pics of other cars, but didn't know if i should post them. if you guys want them, i'll post them.