106 today

106 outside here today. Not too bad, we have Don's dry heat, only 17% humidity. Kids are outside playing. At least they are not playing video games. Only 3 more days and we are going back to just double digits:thumb:

Put up some hay yesterday. Would hate to see what the temp is in the haymow today! Moved cows and calves to the back pasture, brought up all the feeder calves and they are in a dry lot and bought silage bags to supplement their grain diet. Did chores, topped all water troughs off and took today off. This is the one or two days per year it would be nice to have air conditioning.

In Don's neck of the woods (as well as where I am these days), 17% humidity is almost muggy. :D

And regardless of the humidity, 106º is way too dang hot.

We didn't reach triple digits that I'm aware of, but I did notice the dogs were laboring a little hard earlier this afternoon...So, being it was about that time of the season ;), I grabbed the hose and let them give 'me' a bath :rofl: I think the yard and myself received the majority of the h2o though...eh, they luved it just the same. Now we're all veggin out in the AC :thumb:

The local TV peeps cooked some cookies in there car yesterday and ate them at the end of the newscast. Thought that was pretty cool....err hot I guess! :huh:

We're cooling off to 95 here today. The humidity is better today as well, but still there for sure. Fall is just around the corner though!! :D

Hey, it could be worse. At least you're not in Baltimore:

enhanced-buzz-8087-1340208460-3.jpg

its all about the humidity and dewpoints.

Yesterday, it was 85 degrees after my wife and I went out for dinner. There was a local classic car show so we walked over and even though the sun was shining, and 85 degrees, no humidity, it felt delicious.
today, over at the car dealer, while waiting for my truck, its was around 89 degrees, but dew point of 71, and I was sweating like a dog.
thought Id pass out, only 4 degrees, but high humidity and dew point.
ech! no shop today, ac just cant keep it cool enough.

I think the best way to gauge the degree of discomfort each of us are or are not experiencing is by the heat index. The following is a link to heat index calculator (need the temp and % of humidity) http://www.easycalculation.com/weather/Heat-index.php

Right now the temp is 65 degrees and the humidity is 73%, so our heat index is 73 degrees. Very nice...sorry for all you sweating hot people elsewhere. Now in Crown Heights, Brooklyn the temp is 97.1 and the humidity is 46%, so their heat index is 106 degrees. No thanks, but that is why they all have air conditioners there. I don't know anyone here that has an air conditioner in their home.