Friday 6-29 Edition

Last Friday of June, who would have thought it would come this quick? So what's going on in your neighborhood? July 4th is also coming this week for those who celebrate it.

Me, shop time and lots of it, done been out there a couple hours this morning. Working on a special project for a friend. Little warm around here for sure. Shop got up to 95 yesterday, I gave up then. No fireworks this week for us. All fireworks have been cancelled until further notice due to lack of rain.

Taking it easy tonight, up early tomorrow for a 45 mile bike ride (unless the heat get to us first). I'm sure a few cocktails after the ride and probably early to bed. Sunday will be a full day in the shop, got some awards I need to finish and start another batch as well that are due in a month. Hot here too, but some welcomed rain this morning and maybe more tomorrow!

Veg out tonight with some cold ones, been a LONG week. Tomorrow shop time most of the day with my son:D and since it is so dry here, even the weeds are not growing so no mowing and that equals more shop time Sunday:)

Canada Day weekend! Helping my nephew celebrate his 50th birthday tomorrow. Church and lazy afternoon on Sunday. My girls are coming home to catch the Tragically Hip concert, so we'll see them too. Monday I may get back into the wood shop.

Too hot to do much outside, and I've got a deck rebuilding project in progress. Think that'll go 'on hold' for a few days... Might be a good time to clean the (air conditioned) shop!

No big plans. Probably just putz around the house doing honey-do stuff that I've been ignoring for awhile.

I've got the staining done on the desk project and 1 coat of poly. Hopefully I'll get to sand it down and put another coat of poly on it sometime this weekend.

I may be picking up a window AC for the office in the shop and installing it this weekend. Was reading 110 in there yesterday when I went up around 9:30 PM to lock up as my main computer was running, I'm surprised that it didn't burn up the CPU. I think I found one with a programmable thermostat, so can set it to 85 when I'm not in there and at least keep it somewhat cool when it gets really hot to protect the computers if I choose to let them run.

I've got some picking up to do around the shop and may mow the yard on Sunday morning and cut the taller weeds that are popping up around the brown areas that were grass. Mostly will be putting in some serious pool time this weekend and staying cool.

I used some algae killer on the pond the other day and came out to 12 floating orange and white spots on top the next evening. :doh:Turns out that it depletes the oxygen in the water and with it being hot they probably didn't have any to spare anyway. So I guess I'll drain the pond and do a good cleaning on it before buying and putting new fish in it too. I've been wanting to build in a waterfall feature too, so may do that Sunday as well.

Couple of shop org projects to do. Got my new incra box joint jig and a freud box joint blades to give a little exercise too.

arts and craft fair sunday(Im attending as a buyer, not a seller), just want to see whats going on

my new truck cap was leaking through the rooftop taillight, and was supposed to spend an hour at the dealer tomorrow, did that today so Im free to rip out some molding I installed, wasnt happy, and Ill retry tomorrow morning.
After the second attempt, its either leave it, or rip it all down and call in a pro.

Our 44th Wedding Anniversary today. 44 years ago it was 103 degrees, today is only going to be 100. What happened to global warming? :huh: Shop time this week end and getting ready for a family gathering on the 4th.

Nothing major planned so far. We'll do a little preparation for a visit by friends from Texas we haven't seen in a dozen years. They should roll in here on July 4th.

Right now (Friday afternoon) I'm watching NASCAR practice; then, the NNS race tonight.

Saturday: I'll get a little shop time while LOML is hitting some yard sales with the neighbor. I need to finish one more undercabinet drawer for the vanity in our master bath.

Sunday: A total chill-out day for a change!

Our 44th Wedding Anniversary today. 44 years ago it was 103 degrees, today is only going to be 100. What happened to global warming? :huh: Shop time this week end and getting ready for a family gathering on the 4th.

congrats man!

Ive always had a theory, if your marriage lasts as many years as your waste size, youre doing ok.figuring if you have a 38 inch waste, not bad 38 years, and if you have a 56 inch waste, you may be fat, but youve been around long enough to celebrate 56 years, so its all ok.