Friday 6-29 Edition

Spent 4 hours in a full bunker suit at a fire scene today, was only in the eighties here, but was glad to peel it off and change my shirt.... and then right into a cardiac arrest....gunna sleep well tonight. Vacation has officially started!!

For me it is already Saturday when you posted -- I'm wrapping up a week in Korea on business. Going to do a bit more sight seeing tomorrow (Sunday) and then I fly home. Been missing my 5-year old -- being on the other side of the world makes it hard to call home.

Road Trip! Heading to the Knoxville TN area helping some good friends migrate. Catch up wit youse guys later on!
well that was a tad more exciting than I'd hoped...

Thursday my wife and I were helping some friends load their truck, and next thing I know, I'm volunteering to drive the y'all haul to TN for them, we wind up loading up my buick with their stuff (they didn't get nearly a big enough truck...) and on friday morning, we strap my SUV on the trailer. naturally enough it took longer to get going than we'd have liked... and so we didn't leave until almost 2pm.

we got through several road construction delays in PA... and as I'm approaching carlisle, my parents call, saying there is what I call 'heavy weather' ahead, and that I should stop and get a hotel somewhere then drive the next day. I wish I had. I decided to press on... and I didn't wind up getting to roanoke and my hotel until 3 am. Oh, by the way, there was no power at the hotel, so I wound up napping in the truck until dawn, and then driving another hour and a half to find a) a hotel with power, and b) which also took pets (my friends had their weimariner with them)... My friends had stopped back at the VA state line, I pressed on through the storm, but they were tired and wound up sleeping in their car overnight there.
By 11am, they'd caught up to me however, and grabbed another couple of more restful hours of sleep in the hotel, I got about 6 hrs of decent rest, then we loaded up and pushed on to get to their new place. We did a bit of unloading, just enough to get the beds in the house, well mattresses anyway, then we stopped, put all of the stuff we just parked on the porch in the house, went and grabbed dinner and then came back and hit the hay.

I got up this morning, showered and am now in bridgewater picking up stuff that I left here when I moved... going to grab some rest, then hit the road around midnite so I will hit the construction zones in PA in the middle of the night, when hopefully there won't be as much traffic. .

well that was a tad more exciting than I'd hoped...
going to grab some rest, then hit the road around midnite so I will hit the construction zones in PA in the middle of the night, when hopefully there won't be as much traffic. .

rested a bit, then hit the road, grabbed a bit more shut eye somewhere in PA (carlisle area rest area)... and just got home safe and sound. 1600 miles since friday @ 13:23.

Well it may be Monday but we still on weekend break. (Today is an official holiday because Canada Day fell on a Sunday).

What a whirlwind weekend. Honey do list is now officially over. Spent yesterday in a friend of mines pool floating with a cold few. Around 7pm after some great food we attended the annual Canada Day fireworks show our town puts on. All i can say it was wow. Its seems to get bigger and better each year. Well organized. They lay on free buss service from all over so we drive to a very local borg and the bus picks you up and drops you inside the venue and does the same at the end. Beats fighting the traffic. Today i get to have some shop time to finish off a project for a friend. Then i got to pack up my shop for the "decluttering process" . Thats gonna be a sad time but i will use it to clean up a bit. House is looking best it ever has. Its been amazing just how much one leaves to "fix another day" until the day comes you want to move on. All done now ready for the buyers. :)

Had to laugh NN has a fake parrot mounted over porch light (has camera and mic inside). Anyhow i was doing some early moring trimming down the side of house while Linda put some small plants in our front bed. So i shout to Linda.....Hey I wonder what this place is going to be like when the biker gang moves in and starts that grow op in the workshop. I was hoping the mic is in full recording mode.:rofl::rofl: Wont be long and i am gonna be like Jay. :)

Had to laugh NN has a fake parrot mounted over porch light (has camera and mic inside). Anyhow i was doing some early moring trimming down the side of house while Linda put some small plants in our front bed. So i shout to Linda.....Hey I wonder what this place is going to be like when the biker gang moves in and starts that grow op in the workshop. I was hoping the mic is in full recording mode.:rofl::rofl: Wont be long and i am gonna be like Jay. :)

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I found getting a storage unit and getting all the clutter out of the house worked well for each time we've sold, just left behind what we needed and packed everything else out.

Wont be long and i am gonna be like Jay. :)

:thumb::thumb::thumb: