Refreshed and ready to go.....oh wait a minute....

Tom Baugues

I've not been real active on here lately nor out in the shop. My emotions and nerves have been on edge for a while now. My work schedule has been very heavy. However I had some vacation time coming so we got away last week and spent a week on a beach watching the waves and having the most relaxing time I have had in years simply doing nothing more than resting on the beach.
While gone I kept thinking of all the projects I wanted to do when I got back home. Well today we got back. All these ideas going through my head but my shop is 115 degrees. I had my shop built last summer and had a window installed in one end with the idea of setting an air conditioner in that window in the hottest of the summer. Well here it is and guess what....the window is too small for the air unit. :bang: stupid..stupid. For some reason I had always just assumed that it was big enough. Never really thought about having to measure it to make sure. So today's tip....always measure....never assume! So I may have to get creative to stay cool.

My second tip of the day is.......take time for yourself. This vacation has made me realize that working is all I ever get done. I'm getting older and have not enjoyed living like I should be. So anyway...I have some catching up to do reading these posts and hope to start a new project real soon in the shop.

Tom

Sorry about the A/C unit... I am sure you can solve the problem.

I second the tip about "time for yourself" everyday day you need to set aside time for yourself... I did not and now I am paying for it... I am 67 years old and act and feel like 87.

another vote to do what you want when the chance offers itself,, i have tried to set that example here and will tell anyone i see why i belive that way.. paul has some spiritual reasoning to go along with his hard knock knowledge.. money and work are both way over rated and when your used up , they will find a replacement.

Amen to taking time for yourself. That or die prematurely, or at the least be very unhappy. Play times are scheduled on my calendar. I just refer to them as previously scheduled appointments to those who come with conflict to my calendar.

tom, once you get the right size, no matter what you do in 108 degrees, especially with humidity, its still going to be tough in there.
My dust collector blows off heat from the motor like a heater. I watch the temp on the ac unit's digital readout go from 70, to 76 if I leave the machine on for 15 minutes.

I like the beach idea better. I just dont go as much as I used too, got tired of people yelling quick, push him back in before he dies.

Hi Tom,

I completely agree about the need to slow down a bit. Work has really been pushing me hard lately. This week in Korea (also for work) has allowed me to slow down enough to realize just how much I've been missing. When I get back, I'm going to set some much stronger boundaries for myself to ensure there is enough time for myself & family. Maybe also get some shop time in too.

One option for your too-small window could be one of those "portable" A/C units. Rather than hanging out the window, they are free standing and have an exhaust vent similar to a dryer. You'll pay a premium over a window unit & it will take up a bit of floor space - but you may save in the long run with time & materials over cutting a hole in the wall or resizing the window.

Tom, Don't worry about a window, an AC unit just blocks the view out of it, find a place to cut a hole in the side of the shop for it (which is what I plan to do when it gets nicer). Glad you got a recharge...do it repeatedly and often. :thumb:

Glad to see you got some recharging time, Tom. I'm on the first day of some breather time myself.

...I like the beach idea better. I just dont go as much as I used too, got tired of people yelling quick, push him back in before he dies.

Allen, you slay me. :rofl:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good view you got for that beach holiday Tom. I could do with a break too, good reminder. What beach is that?

As to aircon i always planned to put mine though the wall. I wrestled with it for a couple of years then one day i just went at it and boom it was done in no time. Not being familiar with how this kind of thing was done had me procrastinating till a buddy said cut the hole. Well a little common sense and boom it was done.

Sawsall is your friend once you get a hole in. :)

I am sure the pros here could tell you the "proper way". :)

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2