Finally settled on something. Yea I know took me long enough. Found something from Woodsmith I liked. Of course I changed it to fit me.
Started out with some scrap cherry and maple pieces. I ripped a center line down the backs of both to help with alignment.
Then ripped a small dado and 45 degree slot to stop the chisels.
I then cut all my little filler pieces and settled on spacing. Put a 45 bevel on the side of it. Cut the center dividers to 1 1/4" and attached small pieces to help keep it centered.
Glued and put a couple pin nails in each to hold while the glue set up. Gave it a quick shot of rattle can Shellac. Mounted it to a cabinet door and filled it up.
If I do another one, I will get it all together and then do the 45 rip. I wasn't deep enough and a couple chisels wanted to fall through. I had to add little stops at the backside of the bevel strip.