Chisel Rack

Finally settled on something. Yea I know took me long enough. Found something from Woodsmith I liked. Of course I changed it to fit me.

Started out with some scrap cherry and maple pieces. I ripped a center line down the backs of both to help with alignment.

DSCN2293.jpg

Then ripped a small dado and 45 degree slot to stop the chisels.

DSCN2295.jpg

DSCN2294.jpg

I then cut all my little filler pieces and settled on spacing. Put a 45 bevel on the side of it. Cut the center dividers to 1 1/4" and attached small pieces to help keep it centered.

DSCN2296.jpg

DSCN2297.jpg

Glued and put a couple pin nails in each to hold while the glue set up. Gave it a quick shot of rattle can Shellac. Mounted it to a cabinet door and filled it up.

DSCN2298.jpg

If I do another one, I will get it all together and then do the 45 rip. I wasn't deep enough and a couple chisels wanted to fall through. I had to add little stops at the backside of the bevel strip.

Very nice Steve, felt a little stupid today so it took me a while to get it. Duh there are times i could hit my own head with a mallet. :)

But....i cannot believe that is all the chisels you got? Knowing you got so many planes you really expect me to believe you resist temptation at the auctions and only buy planes? ;)

Larry what you say you been to his shop.?