Happy Fourth of July to all our American friends!!

Roger Tulk

Happy Independence Day to all those born south of the border (or west of the border or out in the Pacific, depending...!) Whatever people say about Americans, noone can deny their generosity, friendliness and willingness to help, in my experience. You are a great country, and I love travelling in it. God bless...

Very well said Roger and i second your statement in every way. My wish is that those in the world who have been beneficiaries of all this help pause a moment on a day like this and simply say Thanks America.

Happy 4th July Americans. Take it easy with the fireworks and the dry bush rather do without than cause further destruction of homes and lives. Unless of course you live in Pittsburg :) Great fireworks show on the river that is if it aint dried up with all the heat :)

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks guys, hope everyone is enjoying the day. Been cleaning up around the pool and getting ready for friends to come over. The city's big show is in the park about 1/8th of a mile from our house, have a great view from the back deck.

Hey Bob the way you edited my post was funny. :D But the show at Pittsburgh come the 4th is fantastic. Well it was to me until i caught the Macys fireworks show on TV last night. Made the one in Boston look a little subdued but still nice.

Did i say i love fireworks. :D:rofl: I spent the late evening switching between Boston and NY.

You guys certainly know how to do 4th July.

We could do with a little of a transplant of the kind of spirit you guys have up here in Canada on our day. I was really dissapointed this year with the local immigrants around me.

I think i had the only flag up within 30Km. Its something i just dont get. Person leaves a place for a reason, if it was so good where one came from then one would not leave.

Surely one can show a little spirit towards ones new found home. I aint saying get a tatoo stamped on ones head or the likes but man to fly foreign flags on Canada Day it just got under my skin.:mad:

I read this week in the local newsday, the fireworks business had its worst year this year in something like dozens of years, I think I read since WWII?
seems alot of local govts cancelled shows due to lack of funds or fear of dry weather and igniting fires.

The local show near me is funded by local merchants, which I think is a good way for the stores to thank the community. I didnt attend any fireworks shows this year.

My son went up to lake george ny and watched the fireworks from a boat. btdt. ofcourse, I was young back then and made the effort to be a romantic.

Even though it was dry around us, the city put on a heck of a show, but all the individual neighbor hood fireworks rivaled it. They shot off from dusk until about 1:00 around me. Finally got up around 1:30 and took the dog out, she wouldn't go with all the noise earlier.

Even though it was dry around us, the city put on a heck of a show, but all the individual neighbor hood fireworks rivaled it. They shot off from dusk until about 1:00 around me. Finally got up around 1:30 and took the dog out, she wouldn't go with all the noise earlier.

Our local show is at the high school about a mile away, and our back yard has a pretty good view of it. What burned me up is the fact that despite fireworks of any kind being illegal here, there were professional-grade aerial rockets and bombs going off all over the valley before, during and after the show. And from the sounds of the sirens, the fire department was staying busy because of it. :rolleyes:

someone just told me in the San Diego area the show malfunctioned, it all went off at once?
Pretty funny, 50 thousand people waiting hours and hours getting their spots, and then the loudspeaker comes on 10 seconds into the show, thankyou all for attending. Please drive home safely.

we had a real tough horrible thing happen here locally in the waters off huntington/lloyd harbor.
One of the boats that were watching the show out there capsized, and three little children drowned.
takes all the fun out of all the fireworks and bbqs that day.