Friday 7/6/2012 - Whats up Woodworkers?

Brent Dowell

Administrator
Staff member
Or is it too hot for most of you to spend time in the shop?

Me, I'll be continuing my never ending quest to achieve organization by building some more drawers for the shop. Might even put together a tool review or two.

Sounds like a gloat coming Brent...;)

Hot here this weekend. Last I checked 105 tomorrow and Sunday.

I've got a PB event tomorrow night, so mostly preparing for it and packing up. Sunday will be some major pool time. I may do some office cleaning in the shop, but probably not much shop stuff until it cools off next week.

Shop time between 5 & 8 AM. Working on a Communion rail - 4 sections due by the end of the month. Too hot after 8 AM. Afternoons are nap times. :) Mornings are church work [and taxes this week - yuck!].

no shop time for me this week, had outside work to do,, today it warmed up some we had 104.. and its not the dryheat like don has:) tomorrow maybe i can go cool out in the shop unless i have some concrete to cut in the am..

Might be too hot for me in the shop tomorrow, Ill try to get a jump on some adirondack chairs I have to bang out quickly. I learned a lesson about promising people things. Never again when it comes to building something.
I hate people calling me asking me if its ready yet, no, when then? Ya think by next weekend? Id like to pick them up, since were going upstate and want to take them, so what do you think, by next weekend,
3 times in a one phone call they ask me. I feel like telling them no 4 times, so when they call me monday, theyll have the answer in advance.(its obvious Im not looking for any type of customer)

My older daughter is coming to bring some stuff to store with us tomorrow. I am hoping to get working on a portable lectern, but the Memsahib can't know about it, as she thinks I do too much for my church. :rolleyes: I just built a shed roof to put over my daughter's and sister in law's possessions, and will have to install it before daughter gets here. It was 40º today with the humidex, 36º without. Body temperature is 37º, so you can work out the American degrees. Too hot for man or beast.