To buy some LESTOIL !!
I just read an article in a Woodsmith publication that rated saw blade and router bit cleaners. The blades had a pretty hefty build up of resin on the shoulders and gullets.
The results were in order....
- Lestoil. It took only 5 minutes for 7 oz of Lestoil with no effort to completely clean the blade.
- Extreme Simple Green. It took 15 minutes for 16oz. with no effort to clean the blade. (regular simple green attacks the carbide. do not use)
- Rockler Cleaner. It took 10 minutes for 4oz. with littel effort to clean the blade
- Baking Soda. It took 8 hours for 2oz. with little effort to clean the blade
- Goof Off. It took 30 minutes for 3oz. Resin removed from flat surface but gullets didn't get clean.
- CMT Blade and Bit Cleaner. It took 30 minutes for 3oz. Resin removed from flat surfaces but gullets wouldn't scrub clean.
They used a synthetic pad to clean the blades followed up with a brass brush if needed.
The Lestoil cleaned the blade in 5 minutes without scrubbing and it can be resued over and over again until it becomes cloudy. They recommend rinsing the blade in water then using a spray on rust inhibitor to prevent any corrosion from the water.
Hope it helps