The new little mini pepper mill kits from PSI

Chuck Ellis

I actually bought my kits from Packardwoods, but same kit...
I bought a bunch and tried them out this past week... they turned out pretty well, but as someone posted on another forum, you do have to watch your measurements... I was 1/8 or so off in two of my blanks... one was too short... could fix that with a little work on the grinder to shorten the stem, the other was too long and it's a toss... I'll remake it and get the dims right. The others all turned out well.

34-1428_0.JPG 1.an oak burl that I didn't want to loose... I worked the stem down to fit.

34-1436_0.jpg 2. Bradford Pear

34-1437_0.jpg 3. Another Oak Burl

34-1438_0.jpg 4. A Walnut with a little spalting in it...

34-1443_0.jpg34-1441_0.jpg34-1442_0.jpg
These three are all silver maple.

34-1448_0.jpg34-1447_0.jpg
These two are from some scrap plywood I had left over after fixing the wife's dinning room chairs... glued up to create the blanks.

Thanks for posting those Chuck!!! I've been looking for that size with the crank arm. How's the stability of the arm IYHO? I abuse the crap outa those things due to hourly use!

Thanks for posting those Chuck!!! I've been looking for that size with the crank arm. How's the stability of the arm IYHO? I abuse the crap outa those things due to hourly use!

I can't answer just yet... I've turned them, but not used one yet... but in putting them together and turning them a few times to make sure they turn, it seems to be pretty stable... part of the cap is recessed into the wood, so it doesn't moved side to side any...