Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I've had this awhile but this is the first use.

I've had this awhile but this is the first use.

I purchased this Ridgid MUSUV a while ago today I finally got to try it out with my planer which is what I got it for. I really like it it sets up easy & adjusts for use with the planer just fine.
    "Forget the flat stuff slap something on the spinny thing and lets go, we're burning daylight" Bart Leetch
    "If it ain't round you may be a knuckle dragger""Turners drag their nuckles too, they just do it at a higher RPM"Bart

I've used my MSUV more for the planer than the miter saw. I have good storage places for the individual machines, so I don't leave them on the stand...just clamp 'em on when I need them. I've also use the rollers for outfeed on the TS on the few occasions I've needed to rip long stock.

Sure is a handy extra horizontal surface. Especyally for the sale price HD was selling them at last year.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Bart,

They're great for a miter saw or a planer... I had an extra HD coupon, so I got 2 MSUVs and have my Dewalt 703 on one and my Makita planer on the other. I have very limited space, so I have them permanently mounted and store them folded. It takes less than a minute to lift and lock them up and adjust the outfeeds.

Both folded next to my drill press.

They are being sold now at our local HD for $99.

I have my miter saw bolted on mine. Sure is handy. Worth every penny, especially at the sales price. I don't really need another one but for the price I think that I will go ahead and spring for an extra one. I know that I will use it eventually.
    Last edited by Allen Bookout; 03-17-2007 at 01:57 AM.

I had a HD ad in my newspaper today. Appears that the price has been reduced to $99 permanently. Seems like I may need to put this on my wish list.
    ________

Ron

"Individual commitment to a group effort--that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work."
    Vince Lombardi

Hey Bart, that's great but that workbench with drawers in the background really caught my eye. Wouldn't mind seeing more details on that.

I really wish I had an MUSUV!
    Uh.....wats a MUSUV?

Toyota

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Bodenschatz View Post
    Hey Bart, that's great but that workbench with drawers in the background really caught my eye. Wouldn't mind seeing more details on that.

Rob

You asked for it you got it Toyota.

The whole cabinet is a little over 7' long is built on a torsion box. My mechanic tools are in the drawers. & I have a
    Shopfox mortiser, Duro drill-press, Craftsman CMS on top. The Grizzly portable planer is stored in the left compartment on a pull out drawer & the Jet spindle sander is stored & used in the compartment in a false bottom box with a wheel-barrow inner tube underneath when inflated the tube raises the spindle sander top to 32" I prefer set on a stool while sanding. I can plane up to 10' material with the planer on the pull out shelf but I do like to use my MSUV when I'll be planing several feet of material.
    "Forget the flat stuff slap something on the spinny thing and lets go, we're burning daylight" Bart Leetch
    "If it ain't round you may be a knuckle dragger""Turners drag their nuckles too, they just do it at a higher RPM"Bart

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Fusco View Post
    I really wish I had an MUSUV!
    Uh.....wats a MUSUV?
    Miter Saw Stand and Utility Vehicle

http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDUS...gmk.0&MID=9876

I am glad that you guys showed your planers on the stand. If I moved my DeWalt 735 planer to a MUSUV and added three feet to the top of the cabinet that I have it on now it would give me about 30 more cubic feet of mobile cabinet space for a hundred bucks.

Bart, That makes a really great bench! Well organized picture tutorial. Thanks! Allen