I've had this awhile but this is the first use.

Bart Leetch

I purchased this Ridgid MUSUV a while ago today I finally got to try it out with my planer which is what I got it for. I really like it it sets up easy & adjusts for use with the planer just fine.

Attachments

• Planer MSUV 1.jpg
    Planer MSUV 1.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 90
I've used my MSUV more for the planer than the miter saw. I have good storage places for the individual machines, so I don't leave them on the stand...just clamp 'em on when I need them. I've also use the rollers for outfeed on the TS on the few occasions I've needed to rip long stock.

Sure is a handy extra horizontal surface. Especyally for the sale price HD was selling them at last year.

Bart,

They're great for a miter saw or a planer... I had an extra HD coupon, so I got 2 MSUVs and have my Dewalt 703 on one and my Makita planer on the other. I have very limited space, so I have them permanently mounted and store them folded. It takes less than a minute to lift and lock them up and adjust the outfeeds.

Both folded next to my drill press.

They are being sold now at our local HD for $99.

I have my miter saw bolted on mine. Sure is handy. Worth every penny, especially at the sales price. I don't really need another one but for the price I think that I will go ahead and spring for an extra one. I know that I will use it eventually.

Last edited:
Toyota

Hey Bart, that's great but that workbench with drawers in the background really caught my eye. Wouldn't mind seeing more details on that.

Rob

You asked for it you got it Toyota.

The whole cabinet is a little over 7' long is built on a torsion box. My mechanic tools are in the drawers. & I have a
Shopfox mortiser, Duro drill-press, Craftsman CMS on top. The Grizzly portable planer is stored in the left compartment on a pull out drawer & the Jet spindle sander is stored & used in the compartment in a false bottom box with a wheel-barrow inner tube underneath when inflated the tube raises the spindle sander top to 32" I prefer set on a stool while sanding. I can plane up to 10' material with the planer on the pull out shelf but I do like to use my MSUV when I'll be planing several feet of material.

Attachments

• Miter-saw multi tool stand 034.jpg
    Miter-saw multi tool stand 034.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 16
  • Miter-saw multi tool stand 027.jpg
    Miter-saw multi tool stand 027.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 9
  • Miter-saw multi tool stand 021.jpg
    Miter-saw multi tool stand 021.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 8
  • Miter-saw multi tool stand 015.jpg
    Miter-saw multi tool stand 015.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 8
  • Miter-saw multi tool stand 008.jpg
    Miter-saw multi tool stand 008.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 9
  • Miter-saw multi tool stand 007.jpg
    Miter-saw multi tool stand 007.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 7
  • Miter-saw multi tool stand 001.jpg
    Miter-saw multi tool stand 001.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 12
  • torsion box.jpg
    torsion box.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 10
  • torsion box 004.jpg
    torsion box 004.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 11
Tool Sport Utility Vehicle.

I use mine for my Miter Box, but I took the top off and mounted it to a cabinet.

IMG_5818.jpg

The cabinet is 3/4 ply with a cherry front, cherry drawers and hickory trim around edges. All scrap off of job sites... (which is why the drawer fronts are larger than the cabinets.)

I purchased this Ridgid MUSUV a while ago today I finally got to try it out with my planer which is what I got it for. I really like it it sets up easy & adjusts for use with the planer just fine.
Bart, I never remember acronyms, so I was not sure what you were talking. Now that I have found out about the Ridgid Miter Saw Stand and Utility Vehicle, I think that there is a good chance I will buy one. I don't own a miter saw and have no plans to get one, but I am sure that I can find lots of other uses for the thing.

The whole cabinet is a little over 7' long is built on a torsion box. My mechanic tools are in the drawers. & I have a
Shopfox mortiser, Duro drill-press, Craftsman CMS on top. The Grizzly portable planer is stored in the left compartment on a pull out drawer & the Jet spindle sander is stored & used in the compartment in a false bottom box with a wheel-barrow inner tube underneath when inflated the tube raises the spindle sander top to 32" I prefer set on a stool while sanding. I can plane up to 10' material with the planer on the pull out shelf but I do like to use my MSUV when I'll be planing several feet of material.
Bart, I really like your bench. Lots of inovation went into it. Well done! :thumb: