Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Shop Art.....this ones for Carol...and me:)

GTA Ontario Canada

Shop Art.....this ones for Carol...and me:)

Well we have had the shop dog and all sorts of tools machines and fixtures but Carol made the point in Neds thread about shop art.

So hows about it pile in here with pics of your shop art so us serious dudes can lighten up a little

Its been something i been wanting to address for ages

Show us your shop art please.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
    Gee, I'd never thought about that. Now I'll have to get one of those Michelin calendars so I'll have something to show you.

The other member of Mensa, but not the NRA

Everyone is a self-made person.

"The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their veracity" -Abraham Lincoln

Kansas City, Missouri
    Posters I printed out. I do have two large "dogs playing poker" actual posters to hang, need some frames for them. I'll replace many of these as I get the actual metal ones.

Robs favorite...

My favorite Handsaw...

A ceramic hammer made for me by my daughter in pottery class...

Of course my "Kin of Larry Poster" adorns the walls as well...

Here's an older thread on the topic, but I'm sure many have changed and added to theirs, so would like to see them here myself.
    Last edited by Darren Wright; 07-18-2012 at 07:53 PM.

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

ABQ NM
    Well, I'm more into 3-D art, so I have the Shop Rooster, which was a White Elephant gift at a Christmas party a few years ago...

There's a story that goes with the Shop Rooster, but the CoC prevents me from repeating it here.

And for a limited time, I had the Shop Stool Door, but it was only a temporary exhibit...

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

DSM, IA
    My favorite shop art I have looks just like this one, but from 2011. I'll have to take some picks of some other things tonight. Great idea Rob!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tuit_01.jpg  
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

DSM, IA
    How about Larry stops by and tapes off a wall with tape, pulls it off and adds glitter to the residue?
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

Delton, Michigan
    funny guys,, its triple digits yesterday and its hot today too, and you are making fun of a delmea,, ever have a job almost done except tfot the clean up and see where you missed something or the the tape left residue in the gables.. had i had a stool i could have had art like vaughn had as well
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

Oceanside, So. Calif. 5 mi. to the ocean
    Tour de Wood is the only shop art that I have.

I'm real proud of that because I met some great guys---including one who beschmears people who do the spinney thing and seems to look like an orangutan.

Last edited by Jim C Bradley; 07-18-2012 at 09:34 PM.
    First of all you have to be smarter than the machine.

new york city burbs
    wall space is a luxury us guys with small garages dont have.
    I do have one little wall plaque from my old business and a homemade sign that written with magic marker on a piece of maple that state, "my wife told me to choose between her and woodworking, sure gonna miss her!"
    I had a couple of neon lights from my old business hanging, but decided to let my son take them to preserve them.
    Human Test Dummy

No, not all of SoCal is Los Angeles!
    What I wouldn't give for some of that wall space ;-)
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C. Clarke