Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SOLD.......FREEDOM

SOLD.......FREEDOM

Well just to show you how hot the crazy market is around us 12 days on the market and we sold. No conditions done deal.

Timing could not be better with youngest going off to University next month. FREE AT LAST.

And the bonus was i get to keep my radiant heat shop heater for the next BIGGER shop.

Happy as a lark.

Only one that aint happy is the oldest one getting the push. BUt he is making progress finally towards his own place and Linda is coming to terms with it.

Quiet like the new people that are buying the house. Couple that have only been in Canada for 1 year and coming from one of our Islands out east. The originate from Baikonour area of Kazakhstan.

Been looking for land around here and spoke to our agent about it and it would seem i need to find land that has some form of dwelling even if its a run down shack. Makes a huge difference to how it fits with banks and town from a development and taxes point of view. I need to do much more research on this subject to get more familiar with the ins and outs before i take the next plunge.

I am just happy i am out of the property market before any crash occurs. All my common sense and knowledge says our local market is in for a significant correction. BUt like others before me i may well be wrong.

Canada is importing 200 to 300 thousand people per year. Around 40% odd of that total end up in what is called the GTA, (greater toronto area). This drives demand for accomodation here and prices just keep going higher and higher. BUt i fear the interest rates we are enjoying in North America cannot and will not continue and when the cycle turns well people will feel the pain of not having cut their coat to suite their cloth.

Forward to the new chapter .
    cheers

Congratulations Rob! Great News!
    -Ned

Congrats Rob, can't wait to see you new digs once you find them!
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

Wheeeee!

CONGRATULATIONS.

Mine goes on the market in September. Can't get to it until then. Hope it goes as quickly.
    ++++++

Some say the land of milk and honey; others say the land of fruits and nuts. All together my sort of heaven.

Power is not taken. It is given. Who have you given yours to? Hmmmm?

Carol Reed

congratulations, Rob.

How long a closing? I'm kind of mystified that you've totally sold before getting a line on a new place. Especially since it seems you plan to build? Are you going to live in your camper for a year or something like that?

...art
    There's usually more than one way to do it...
    www.wordsnwood.com ........ facebook.com/wordsnwood

Congrats on the quick sale. There is no predicting for real estate. Hope you find new digs soon.
    Who are the people moving to Canada/Toronto these days?
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

Good news Rob...all that prep work paid off.

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    Great news Rob and take your time we leased a place for a year before building this one it is kn ida neat to plan what your next place will be like then see it get built.Also hope that the oldest gets it together you and Linda will enjoy it when you become empty nesters.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Great news Rob! Go west young man, there is beautiful country in BC. It has two climates, a wet (Vancouver area) and dry (Kelowna & Vernon). Stu can tell you all about Kelowna.
    “When love and skill work together, expect a masterpiece.” - John Ruskin
    “Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” - Oscar Wilde

Thanks all for the kind wishes.

Art we gonna see if we can find a place in the "country" to rent first. Then if us city folks can hack it buy land and build. But i have already been advised that i need to buy land with some sort of dwelling on it due to town/bank perceptions etc. So this is an area i have to research first.

There are loads of places to rent so there is no concern on my part as to finding a temp place. I wanted to get out before any changes occur in our market place.

Bill go west young man is an option. Hence us renting. We going to look around before we settle again and do it properly.

But BC is very very out.

Cowboys belong under the rockies skies. The place i would love to be is Banff.....then we would be talking.

But i got business interests here that also keep me in Ontario for the moment so time will sort all out.

Lets remember in a crisis cash is King. well its always king even when there is no crisis.
    cheers