Wood Pecker Router Lift Question.

Check this link out for a review of the Woodpecker Quick Lift (and search his site for other Woodpecker lift reviews in the Tool Review section):

http://www.newwoodworker.com/reviews/wdpkrsquickliftrvu.html

I just received my Woodpecker system and am in the process of setting up the machine. So far, I am impressed with the quality and fit and finish. I got the Quick Lift model with the 32-thread fine adjustment feature instead of the 16-thread. It allows both a fast height adjustment (like instantly) and a fine adjustment mode by turning the crank.

i have heard good reveiws on them and should have got one along while back but opted for a lesser one. i do have issues with mine hanging up or down. the only thing i can say is that the cost of one is putting a router table pretty close in cost to light shaper,the total cost that is. and the shaper will do more easier.

Woodpecker lift..

I like mine because it is a fast set up, one quick pull and you are very close to where you want to be, then crank it left or right to do the fine adjusting. I was running some oak through the router to make stile and rails, but when I put the two together I was off slightly on every piece. Nothing sanding can't fix, but I would like it to be closer to flush than it is.

I set it up using pieces that I had already run through and they where flush in the dry fit.

I did have to remove one of my pins in the router (Porter Cable Model 7518) that the fixed base is threaded onto in order to get it to fit so it would adjust freely up and down. (It was hitting the threaded bar when you cranked it up or down). I simply found the pin that was the problem and pulled it out with side cutters. I figure I can easily replace the pin if need be.

I also had to remove the tension springs plungers that keep the plate from sliding during routing because it was such a tight fit I couldn't seat the plate in my extension wing on my table saw. The plate doesn't move at all, and it also gets screwed down, so how can it?

All the stiles that I ran through it are all the same, but the rails differ slightly.

I guess I'll have to play with it even more.... heh

I also had to remove the tension springs plungers that keep the plate from sliding during routing because it was such a tight fit I couldn't seat the plate in my extension wing on my table saw.

The directions for my quick lift show that the tension on the tension springs can be adjusted so they retract either hard or easy. COuld that help you use them?

I got the Unilift for christmas. Only complaint so far: the screws that hold the MV12 under it Tend to slowly vibrate loose. I think I solved the problem by dipping them in clear silicon caulk and then tightening them. A silly way to solve it, I know, but didn't have anything better on hand and it *seems* to be working so far. It's a little hard to crank at the top of it's range, but otherwise *very* nice! It's allowed me to do things I couldn't quite do before, and it's so easy to use I find myself experimenting... ;)

Thanks,

Bill