couple vases

Wasn't gonna post these,but as it seems a little slow lately thought i might as well. these are nothin special,just a couple vases. The spalted maple one i was gonna turn the foot off, but the wife walked in the shop just about then and liked it so i left it.The one is 7x4 with DNW,and redwood burl top. The spalted one it 7 3/4x 3 3/4. it also has redwood burl top.
Thanks and as always C&C more than welcome.008 [800x600].JPG011 [800x600].JPG016 [800x600].JPG

Your wife made the right call on the base. :thumb: Nicely done all the way around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks all. Like i said these are just made couse i was boared, and didn't want to do any honey do projects.:rofl: Ryan that redwood was really dry and soft. It was a pain to turn with out getting tear out. Ofcorse the 80grit gouge cleaned it up nice.:D Larry i have a piece sitting at the table now that i'm gonna do some kind of carving,and pearcing on. Woun't be any sprials, As it's two thin to do that. I'm wanting to do a indian cave dwelling in the side of that piece,but havn't gotten the drawing just right yet.

Steve,
Very nice vases....I have pieces like that on my to-do someday list... not sure when though, that list keeps getting longer and longer...
I do a lot of spalted maple myself... one of my favorite woods along with spalted hackberry, but I think I'm more partial to the first one... the DNW/Redwood burl... but both are exceptional...