Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Selling out

Selling out

Wow! I have just decided to sell my Arizona house. I plan to get it ready to sell in September, but I have been letting the word out. Already have someone seriously interested! Rob got his listed. I haven't even gotten that far.

And no, I have no idea where I might land. Looking at Texas. The plan for the short term is living in a motorhome - yet to acquire. Looking for a mid '90's diesel pusher with a slide under $30K. I have to live in something while I get this job done in Nevada and I want out of this rental - ASAP.
    ++++++

Some say the land of milk and honey; others say the land of fruits and nuts. All together my sort of heaven.

Power is not taken. It is given. Who have you given yours to? Hmmmm?

Carol Reed

It's really interesting to see where life's road leads us. That's a really big decision Carol. Do you have family or friends in Texas?
    Faith, Hope & Charity

Boy, girl! When I saw the title, I thought you might be buying a CNC machine. I could stand living in a motorhome, except I don't know what I'd do with my books. I'd need a trailer for them, but living in a home you can drive somewhere else always appealed to me. Go for it! Drop by Niagara and I'll make a cup of tea for you.
    Cheers,
    Roger

The other member of Mensa, but not the NRA

Everyone is a self-made person.

"The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their veracity" -Abraham Lincoln

well carol glad i got to see the AZ home before you sold it.. was a cozy place to stay.. and the country nearby was beautiful.. good luck on your next endeavor..you just missed a motor home up here that would be in your buget.. but it got sold 2 weeks ago for much less than your looking to spend..
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

Well if you want to keep woodworking in the RV, you could always buy a 2nd hand School bus and convert it yourself...
    (I know, I know... that is a serious time commitment!!! )

Hope you find the right buyer at the right time for your former place!
    ...art
    There's usually more than one way to do it...
    www.wordsnwood.com ........ facebook.com/wordsnwood

Carol,

I don't know what you are trying to accomplish. However, I hope it works out well for you. You deserve having it work out well.

enjoy,

JimB
    First of all you have to be smarter than the machine.
    VOTING MEMBER

Well, Jim. I have spent more time away from that property than in it since I bought it in 2004. It costs me several hundred dollars a month in taxes, insurance, and minimal utilities, plus usual ongoing maintenance. It makes no sense to keep it as I am unlikely to live anywhere more than a year or so in the ministry I am in, and certainly not in that house. Aside from which it snows in Strawberry in the winter time. No snow in my future plans. Couple that with I hate paying rent and funding someone else's annuity. I also hate packing and unpacking. Ergo, motorhome for a while. Simple.
    ++++++

Some say the land of milk and honey; others say the land of fruits and nuts. All together my sort of heaven.

Power is not taken. It is given. Who have you given yours to? Hmmmm?

Carol Reed

Carol,
    I don't know if you've heard if the group, but there is a full-timers RV club called the escapees. They have a forum with tips, campground info, plus several member campgrounds, A mail forwarding service etc... They can be found at escapees.com.
    -Ned

I think the RV life sounds like a perfect fit for your current undertakings. My best to you on all your efforts.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C. Clarke

Carol, that sounds very exciting. I like the idea of a diesel too, I've got a diesel car, and it sure gets good mpgs. As for the traveling life, I'm not sure I could handle it, but if you can, more power to you. I know a couple with a VW-based Winnebago Rialto, and they spend the fall and winter months in it every year doing their missionary work in the SW and Mexico. They seem to love it.
    If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate.