Woodcraft Package came yesterday...

Ned Bulken

I ordered a few things for the shop the other day:
package.jpg

and knowing the pic police around here, didn't say anything until I had proof...
picpolicer.jpg

bitset.jpg

1/4 through 1 1/2" forstner bit set

expanding collet chuck (can you say birdhouse ornaments?)

colletchuck.jpg

and also a band clamp (figure the overall shot showed that pretty well)

new stuff is always nice to receive in the mail.

I visited woodcraft last week in allentown. picked up some small toy parts, and a drill bit set.
I've always done pretty well at woodcraft, in fact they're having a sale this weekend, and oh, darn, the church I'm photographing at is mere minutes away.
mwa ha haaa

Nice haul Ned :thumb:
Thanks Brent! I'm really going to enjoy the forstner bits... I was very impressed by the fit & finish of them in the case.

cool stuff :thumb:

Thanks Bob, going to have fun starting tomorrow!

Nice gloat Ned! :thumb:

How's that little chuck work? Is it something you mount in place of the lathe chuck or just chuck it in it's chuck? Kind of sounds like tongue twister. :)

...How's that little chuck work? Is it something you mount in place of the lathe chuck or just chuck it in it's chuck? Kind of sounds like tongue twister. :)

It's used in place of a regular scroll chuck to hold small pieces. The collet expands into a shallow recess to hold the workpiece. Ned can use his new 1 1/8" Forstner bit to make the recess, the mount the blank on the chuck. :)

Nice gloat Ned! :thumb:

How's that little chuck work? Is it something you mount in place of the lathe chuck or just chuck it in it's chuck? Kind of sounds like tongue twister. :)
Well Darren, I'll have to let you know how it works.

It's used in place of a regular scroll chuck to hold small pieces. The collet expands into a shallow recess to hold the workpiece. Ned can use his new 1 1/8" Forstner bit to make the recess, the mount the blank on the chuck. :)

Plus there is that additional screw chuck, much smaller than the one I have from my Nova.