poster source?

larry merlau

does anyone know of a source to get a poster made out of the plastic coated canvas type stuff like the tool company's have for there display booths? thinking on getting one made up for the gathering..

Check your Yellow Pages, Larry. You are looking for 'banners, signs, posters. etc.' But FWIW, we don't NEED such a thing. I think a photo album gleaned from the many cameras I expect will be there, with well documented pictures (who, doing what, etc.) will benefit the whole family here even more so. Of course, that takes another commodity in short supply - time! Maybe even video clips. :thumb: In fact, why not invite a local camera bug and make them the official photographer(s)/videographer(s) for the event. Surely there is someone who can be plied with grog and grub!?!

good point carol,, and now days they can get books made with the pics in them that could be offered to thew rest of the group for there personal collection..

The Costco and Sam's photo departments will make posters out of any photo (.jpg image). 20" x 30" are about $25 which seems a little steep to me.

1.49 and 2.99 for orange or yellow flourescent paint.
I make them all the time.
I go to harbor frieght, buy a 6x9 blue plastic tarp, lay it out on my driveway, and use fluorescent paint to spray on my message.
Works well, dont see a reason to go make a 50 or 80 dollar banner.
I pound 2 pieces of wood into the ground, and hang it from them, or hang it in a tree.
It will be seen for half a mile, what else do you need?

think cheap like me, .

Attachments

• party 003 (Medium).jpg
    party 003 (Medium).jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
you might be on to something allen,, but i was kinda leaning towards something that i could hangup in the shop afterwards as shop art and have a memory to go along with it.. might be able to do something like you showed for the main one though to get folks to stop by:)

the sign in that picture I made right before, or didnt get a chance to hang it up, I dont recall, but it takes 10 minutes to make it, and 10 minutes to hang it, and youre done.

ok, shop art?

get a really nice piece of walnut with alot of figure, plane it down.put a nice mitred frame around it.
go and buy some cheap wooden letters, stain it all up, just clear coat the letters so they stand out, and glue them saying whatever you want, how bout, 2012, tour de wood, michigan , wont cost an arm and leg.

or get someone with one of those computerized router setups to carve out a nice sign, at a huge discount ofcourse, (or donate it)

got a better idea, how bout getting a picture both nights of everyone together under the banner you make, then just having it blown up(maybe cost a few bucks), get a nice frame at walmart, and you will have a poster hung in your shop that you will remember and see faces for the next 50 years.

Last edited: