heavy duty casters for shop

I agree that your satisfaction with casters will depend on the combination of the caster and what you are asking of it. I have a decent array of types but, the Woodcraft red ones are by far the easiest moving and most stable when locked (other than the type that are elevated off the floor by a pad). This is just my experience in how I use casters and the types I have. The built in steel-wheeled mobile kits on my larger machines move easily but, they'll crush anything that gets in the way so that doesn't really count :D.

Almost all my stuff is on these re-purposed casters. There is a sticker on one that says rated 333 pounds.
Right now these dollies are on sale for $8.99.

Did I miss part of your post or are you saying the dollies vaughn was talking about are the same ones you use and they are on sale at HF right now?

I'm going by there today so I'm gonna check it out..
thanks

I'm going to be building a DC air filter cabinet/planer stand, and I picked up the 'medium duty' HF casters for $3 a pop. NOt as heavy duty as what you're looking for, but they will do much better than what is under my planer stand currently. YMMV, but I'm betting that unless I magically expand the inside space in my shop, I won't put more than 40 or 50 feet of roll distance on them in a year, if not in their lifetime. I couldn't justify spending more than what I did. I wish I had noticed the dolly on sale before I went though, and with gas at $3.70 a gallon, I'm at a wash on price by the time I drive back over to HF and exchange them.

Did I miss part of your post or are you saying the dollies vaughn was talking about are the same ones you use and they are on sale at HF right now?

yes, I received a flyer in the mail on Friday. Says, "super coupon...reg $14.99, ... $8.99 ... Limit 9"

This flyer is good till Aug 31. If you do not have one, I am on the mailing list, let me know. I can mail you mine.

yes, I received a flyer in the mail on Friday. Says, "super coupon...reg $14.99, ... $8.99 ... Limit 9"

This flyer is good till Aug 31. If you do not have one, I am on the mailing list, let me know. I can mail you mine.

That's a good price. :thumb: I'm guessing that's for the smaller of the two sizes they sell.

I have my 6" jointer sitting directly on one of the carpeted HF moving dollies. (The larger of the two sizes they sell.) I just chock the wheels when I'm using the jointer so I don't have to chase it around the shop. In other cases (like the cabinet I made for my drum sander), I buy the dolly, remove the wheels, and mount them on whatever I need to roll. Still trying to figure out a good use for the leftover carpeted frames. :)

I went without the coupon. I picked up 2 dollies at $11.99 each. they are pretty nice casters for $3 a pop.

BUT :thumb:

When I got home I read Charlie's post and then remembered seeing a HF flyer some place. Luckily for us we have a bird and my wife puts all the news paper in a basket in the closet. otherwise it would have gone in the recycle truck on wed. so now I have the coupon and HF says I can bring it by there next week and get a partial refund.

Looks like I'm just gonna try these HF caster for the time being. $2.25 a piece. thats a bargain.

thanks