Tractor Forum / Pricing Help

Just want to add to the rest that at MTF, we don't just talk about tractors. Our members have a vast knowledge of everything and enjoy discussing it with anyone willing to listen.

A good buddy of mine, here in Japan, is from Hokkaido, the Northern most Island, his father is a dairy farmer. He says the best tractor they have is a 50's vintage American tractor, I think he said MF, but I could be wrong.

He says it starts when the junk Japanese ones won't, and just simple works better. He says that when something breaks, you can fix it, as it is made from steel, and he can still get parts for it (in Japan, no less!). He said his Dad bought a Kubota, and it was OK, but on about it's tenth year, something big broke, and they could not get parts for it.......... never bought another Japanese tractor...... :D

Ten years to his dad is still "NEW"

Cheers!

A good buddy of mine, here in Japan, is from Hokkaido, the Northern most Island, his father is a dairy farmer. He says the best tractor they have is a 50's vintage American tractor, I think he said MF, but I could be wrong.

He says it starts when the junk Japanese ones won't, and just simple works better. He says that when something breaks, you can fix it, as it is made from steel, and he can still get parts for it (in Japan, no less!). He said his Dad bought a Kubota, and it was OK, but on about it's tenth year, something big broke, and they could not get parts for it.......... never bought another Japanese tractor...... :D

Ten years to his dad is still "NEW"

Cheers!

If it's 1950's era Massey, it would be Harris, not Ferguson. Interesting he can get parts. When I needed them, it was an internet search that took days.

Neat. Sold my cattle and sale on land will close in a couple weeks. Have a potential buyer coming to look at the tractor tomorrow. Now, I ride a Craftsman lawn tractor. Good news, I guess ;) , is that it is green.
For sentiment sake, me on the Massey-Harris below.

Man Frank hang on to that old relic. They did not make many 44 diesels. Great photo. You sure got it looking great.

Chuck