Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: can we talk about the weather?

can we talk about the weather?

Temp got to 111 degrees in Little Rock, Arkansas yesterday. We are in northern Arkansas and temp did get over 100 degrees. My daughter lives in LR but like almost everyone there she is staying inside with the A/C.
    As a former cattle farmer I feel terrible about what farmers and ranchers are going through in these conditions. What little hay is available is priced out of sight.
    And no end in this situation is seen by the forecasters.
    I have only mowed my yard once this year but will have to get up about 5 a.m. one day soon to do it. Grass isn't growing but the weeds are doing just fine.
    Y'all take care out there. Don't risk overworking in the heat. It can be deadly.
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

Mowing the grass is something that I have not missed much. I would rather have it green though. I think I heard our weatherman say that we have only had two days this month under 90 degrees. We have had probably 7-10 days 100 or more.
    It's not what you achieve in life...It's what you overcome!

We went away for the weekend and the temps stayed in the high 70s and low 80s. We had 95+ temps where we were. We get back and it's back to the high 90 here again. I'm still watering a few flowers every couple of days, but have let everything else go to brown crumbly mess.

Shop time is now called sweat time for me.
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

I was commenting to my wife this morning that I was surprised we haven't seen more grass fires than we have. I'm going on 6 weeks since my last mow, I could probably walk around with a weed wacker and take care of what weeds have popped up though.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Still pretty good here high today about 65 degrees. Thursday 20% chance of rain which usually means no rain.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails grass.jpg  
    "Forget the flat stuff slap something on the spinny thing and lets go, we're burning daylight" Bart Leetch
    "If it ain't round you may be a knuckle dragger""Turners drag their nuckles too, they just do it at a higher RPM"Bart

Quote Originally Posted by Bart Leetch View Post
    Still pretty good here high today about 65 degrees. Thursday 20% chance of rain which usually means no rain.
    You're a mean man Bart! Check Out the weather report ...Here
    Jesus was a Woodworker

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Baugues View Post
    Mowing the grass is something that I have not missed much. I would rather have it green though. I think I heard our weatherman say that we have only had two days this month under 90 degrees. We have had probably 7-10 days 100 or more.
    That's about how many days we have had under 100*.

Ike

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    Well I just spent a week in Park City Utah where the temps never got above the mid 80's but I cam back to the hot humid monsoon weather been in the high 90's with the dew point in the 70% range every day sever thunder storms in the evening. This is the wet'est monsoon season we have had since I moved here. Where is that dry heat when you need it. You guys can keep the humidity.... yuck
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Temperatures are down to the high 20s and low 30s again (80s to our US cousins.) We've had a little rain, but the fruit and vegetable crops are in danger at present. It is 23 right now, about 73F.
    Cheers,
    Roger

The other member of Mensa, but not the NRA

Everyone is a self-made person.

"The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their veracity" -Abraham Lincoln

I used to have a beautiful plush green front lawn till that drought we had last year! I think we only cut the lawn one time. Didn't have to worry about the weeds as it was to hot and dry even for them!

I didn't even try to keep my lawn alive by watering it and I refuse to do so this year. It will survive or die.