walnut lumber-kiln dried-Offer Canceled

larry merlau

i can get some walnut lumber (kiln dried), do anyone have any interest in some and if so how much? the pricing is 4.50 bf surfaced two sides and straight line ripped one edge. pickup at my place or perhaps allen or chuck could deliver closer to you.

for 150bf sent to Jim burrs area with a fork lift and dock business drop , ups will ship it for 215.21 and it will arrive in 4 days..

THIS is no longer available..8-3-2012

mods, you can delete this if you like to save space like the new rules say for classifieds..

Last edited:
Well that strikes me as being a real good price for walnut and even better for the surfaced 2 sides and ripped one edge. Around me they charge $8.50 for stuff like that.

Even if you were to package it with banding and ship it using the shipping guys from shipping wars me thinks thats gotta be a real good price for walnut anywhere.

The site is Uship and its pretty easy to get a quote.

Well that strikes me as being a real good price for walnut and even better for the surfaced 2 sides and ripped one edge. Around me they charge $8.50 for stuff like that.

Even if you were to package it with banding and ship it using the shipping guys from shipping wars me thinks thats gotta be a real good price for walnut anywhere.

The site is Uship and its pretty easy to get a quote.

One of them shipping wars idiots lives right here in town. :doh::doh: Yes.......yes I have to admit that I know him but you guys wont tell anyone right??

That is a good price Larry, and Thanks Rob for making me feel good about the 7.99bf I paid for some rift sawn chocolate the other day!

:Djust to mention, if anyone over here in the tristate area wants some of larrys lumber, I am willing to transport up to 100 bf or so, along with my lumber.
Im not going to deliver it door to door, but I live 30 minutes off the GW bridge, 30 minutes from the verrazano, and for you conn people, I live 25 minutes from the throgsneck/whitestone bridge.
Im willing to meet somewhere to make the trip less mileage for you, but wont travel very far, Ill be doing enough driving. If youre off of interstate 80, meaning within 20 miles of it, I can drop it off on the way home, or you can meet me at an exit off of 80.
just want to be clear, want to help, but cant push myself with more driving, but Id be flexible any way I can to help a fellow member.
I dont charge shipping fees.:D

well it might be a good price but i havnt got any takers,, the shipping can be figured out by those looking for some by using this zip code, 49046.. if i had enough going somewhere i could possibly deliver it myself.. but it may not be cost effective to do so..

like I mentioned, I think I can handle 100 or so bf, not sure, Im picking up 250 bf myself, so I dont know what my truck will transport easily.
Uh.........the price is right for the east coast, and I think anyone that might be thinking of hardwoods even at a future date should consider the walnut(at least).

for 150bf sent to Jim burrs area with a fork lift and dock business drop , ups will ship it for 215.21 and it will arrive in 4 days..

Wonder if that's the same for picking up at the terminal. I've done that several times. I've got forks for bob, but no dock.

Wished I'd have done that when I ordered a big stack of wood several years ago. Ended up having to unband it in the truck and toss it all onto my pickup.

i think what they are looking for brent is being able to use a fork lift to unload it without having to hand unload it.. you might be able to get it at your house but a terminal would be a safer bet..any company with a dock that your familiar with would work.

like I mentioned, I think I can handle 100 or so bf, not sure, Im picking up 250 bf myself, so I dont know what my truck will transport easily.

Here is what 256 board feet looks like in the back of my 74 chevy pickup with an 8' bed. Thats eight layers 4' wide by 8' long of 4/4 pecan.
12-5-09 001.JPG