Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Friday 8/3 Edition

Friday 8/3 Edition

Well August is here already. Heat is coming for sure now. So what is going on in your neighborhood?

I am waiting on the footer fixers to get finished up and start back moving furniture in the basement. Shop time to build a quick project.
    If you don't take pride in your work, life get's pretty boring.

Rule of thumb is if you don’t know what tool to buy next, then you probably don’t need it yet.

Some more planing for the gathering with my bud tonight and I think I have some new shutters to put on the house. OH and since we have had rain, I have to mow my yard for the 2nd time in 2 months

Olympic track and field starts this weekend!
    Jesus was a Woodworker

Dinner with my wife tonight, then some pool time. Have some errands to run in the morning, then I have a new rifle, so heading to the range for the afternoon. Sunday we're planning on going bath tub and tile shopping. May start some demo on the bath if all goes well.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Heading out with some friends tonight to try and ease their stress. They have a restaurant that was booming and now suddenly isn't doing well. Luckily, they have been smart and are fine for now, but the unknown is hitting them hard...Hopefully we can get them out of the dumps and get them laughing.

Tomorrow LOML heads off for a day/night with friends over in IA City for a birthday celebration. That means I'm playing the part of single dad. The plan is to suprise LOML with the youngin finally mastering riding a bike. The youngin is excited and a bit afraid at the same time, but I think we can get er done. A promise of lots of ice cream once complete doesn't hurt!
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

Wife is gone for the weekend and so I'll be painting in the studio.
    I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.
    ::: Andrew Wyeth :::
    colonialrestorationstudio.com

Should be a great weekend. Decided to start brewing again, so getting my brewery gear out of storage so I can sort through it and clean it up.

Bob had sprung a leak in his control valve, and I knew he needed a few other things done, So I dropped him off at the dealer a couple of weeks ago. Got the call that he's ready to be picked up, so I will probably be doing some driveway repair, fire break maintenance this weekend as well.

And to top it all off, I've finalized my design for some flag display boxes and all the router bits I need have arrived, so I'll work on a poplar prototype before I actually commit to making them out of the 'expensive' wood.
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

Well, I'm having a really lazy day today, for some reason!?!?! Orders from SWMBO! Tonight, she's taking me to Ruby Tuesday for my FREE birthday burger. Yum!!!

Saturday will include a little shop time while LOML is doing breakfast and yard sales with a neighbor and her daughter.

Sunday will be the usual brunch, NASCAR, then throw something on the grill for dinner.
    Bill Arnold
    Citizen of Texas residing in Georgia.
    NRA Life Member and Member of Mensa
    My Weather Underground station

just had a very satisfying experience with my spray gun, think I finally figured it out, lacquer went on even and like a sheet of glass. could get used to using spray guns for my finishing.

too hot to do much more today, leaving the ac on in the garage to keep the humidity out so I can spray, but by 3-4, I know the temps will be too hot to much else.

one of the nieces birthday celebration tonight, they want us to go to a place called buffalo wings, guess its just wings and burgers, but not sure if I want to sit in horrible, the worst on this planet, hamptons, east end li island weekend traffic since its out east, and around 5 or so traffic will be at a standstill.
    Human Test Dummy

happy birthday bill, the best thing about rubys is their salad bar and those little pieces of muffin they bring you.
    Human Test Dummy