Thread: Marc Adam's School of Woodworking

Marc Adam's School of Woodworking

Well, I got a certificate of completion today for completing the class at Marc Adam's School of Woodworking. I took a class on turning lidded boxes this past week with Micheal Mocho from New Mexico as the instructor. So much information! So many demos! So much lathe time! I turned my first and second lidded boxes the first day. Learned to chase male and female threads on a box and lid. Learned to chatter on end grain. Learned how to sharpen! Learned what sharp can be! Had a wonderful time. They provide lunch at the school, food beyond compare! Excellent information, a lot of it, WELL worth the money. Franklin, Indiana. Largest woodworking school in North America. Clean up today consisted of putting the Oneway lathes away in stands that hold four lathes on wheels! Our classroom will be the cabinet classroom next week. Marquetry (sp?) class was also going on being taught by Marc himself. Amazing opportunity, will be returning hopefully next year. Seriously check them out, it is money well spent with good folks that know their stuff!!!
    Jon

God and family, the rest is icing on the cake. I'm so far behind, I think I'm in first place!

Host of the 2015 FAMILY WOODWORKING GATHERING

bethel springs TN, but was born and raised in north east PA
    Jonathan Congrats. That's something i would really like to do one of these days. Sounds like it was well worth what ever you had to pay. Your a lucky man

Sounds fantastic Jon. I would love to do something like that someday
    Faith, Hope & Charity

Hi Jonathan,

In 2005, I took a beginners woodturning course with Alan Lacer at the Marc Adams school. It was a very enjoyable experience. How long was your course? When will we see some of the turnings?

Great Jonathan! Glad to hear it was a great experience for you.
    “When love and skill work together, expect a masterpiece.” - John Ruskin
    “Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” - Oscar Wilde

I'm glad you enjoyed it. Looking forward to seeing what you have learned to be put into practice.
    ________

Ron

"Individual commitment to a group effort--that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work."
    Vince Lombardi

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Murphy View Post
    Hi Jonathan,

In 2005, I took a beginners woodturning course with Alan Lacer at the Marc Adams school. It was a very enjoyable experience. How long was your course? When will we see some of the turnings?
    Two of the guys in the course spoke of taking a class with Alan Lacer. Makes a person wonder. I took a week long course. I have 6 boxes, a couple of finials and some rough lids of different styles to use to compare finials with. I did learn how to "sneak up" on the fitting of the tenon to make the box make a "pop" sound when opening.
    Jon

God and family, the rest is icing on the cake. I'm so far behind, I think I'm in first place!

Awesome. Way to go Jonathan. I'm sure your students will benefit from this as well!
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Dowell View Post
    Awesome. Way to go Jonathan. I'm sure your students will benefit from this as well!
    There you go! That was the plan. I needed to add some new tricks to my arsenal and this is what I am going to work on with my advanced students.
    Jon

Sounds like a blast of a class Jonathan, great opportunity to advance your skills would love to see some pics if you get a chance