Marc Adam's School of Woodworking

Well, I got a certificate of completion today for completing the class at Marc Adam's School of Woodworking. I took a class on turning lidded boxes this past week with Micheal Mocho from New Mexico as the instructor. So much information! So many demos! So much lathe time! I turned my first and second lidded boxes the first day. Learned to chase male and female threads on a box and lid. Learned to chatter on end grain. Learned how to sharpen! Learned what sharp can be! Had a wonderful time. They provide lunch at the school, food beyond compare! Excellent information, a lot of it, WELL worth the money. Franklin, Indiana. Largest woodworking school in North America. Clean up today consisted of putting the Oneway lathes away in stands that hold four lathes on wheels! Our classroom will be the cabinet classroom next week. Marquetry (sp?) class was also going on being taught by Marc himself. Amazing opportunity, will be returning hopefully next year. Seriously check them out, it is money well spent with good folks that know their stuff!!!

Hi Jonathan,

In 2005, I took a beginners woodturning course with Alan Lacer at the Marc Adams school. It was a very enjoyable experience. How long was your course? When will we see some of the turnings?

Hi Jonathan,

In 2005, I took a beginners woodturning course with Alan Lacer at the Marc Adams school. It was a very enjoyable experience. How long was your course? When will we see some of the turnings?

Two of the guys in the course spoke of taking a class with Alan Lacer. Makes a person wonder. I took a week long course. I have 6 boxes, a couple of finials and some rough lids of different styles to use to compare finials with. I did learn how to "sneak up" on the fitting of the tenon to make the box make a "pop" sound when opening.