New Lathe ! It Did Happen !!!

Alright!
woot.gif
Congrats.

Yep it is still too clean . Had other work going on in shop and a hernia surgery on Wed. but it will be in place tonight...It has been sort of sitting out in the open...waiting on me!!

Congrats from me also...:thumb::thumb: it's a pretty machine. I remember when I set up my 1442... couldn't wait to use it, now it's all dirty and scarred in a few places... I looked at the 1642 and really liked the EVS system, but thought I would want to turn outboard on some bigger pieces and the headstock on the 1642 doesn't rotate... and my lathe sits perpendicular to a wall, so sliding the headstock to the tail end wasn't an option.... so far I've turned out board twice... not a stable way to turn... I've only turned to clean the bottoms of a couple of bowls that wouldn't fit over the ways.

Next pictures should show wood chips every where. :D:D

Congrats from me also...:thumb::thumb: it's a pretty machine. I remember when I set up my 1442... couldn't wait to use it, now it's all dirty and scarred in a few places... I looked at the 1642 and really liked the EVS system, but thought I would want to turn outboard on some bigger pieces and the headstock on the 1642 doesn't rotate... and my lathe sits perpendicular to a wall, so sliding the headstock to the tail end wasn't an option.... so far I've turned out board twice... not a stable way to turn... I've only turned to clean the bottoms of a couple of bowls that wouldn't fit over the ways.

Next pictures should show wood chips every where. :D:D

um chuck...
if the bowl didn't fit over the ways... how did you turn the Rest of the bowl before cleaning up the bottom of them?