Real Cowboys

Vaughn McMillan

Administrator
Staff member
Man, they've sure got some funny-looking horses here in New Mexico. :rolleyes:

Cowbows%20In%20The%20Street%20800.jpg

Heh, nice. The one on the right looks about 1/2 Brahma, I sure like the horns on the one on the left, nice curls!

When I was a kid I had to walk ~1/2 mile up to get the milk cows (we had two for a while). Since it was what it was I broke (trained) one of the milk cows to ride with just a halter on. When we moved from that place we sold the cows; fella came by to look and I went down to the pasture to get her, road up - opened, rode through and closed the gate without getting off (what 14 yr old can refuse showing off - a lot of fellas can't even get their horse to do that). I hopped off and the prospective buyer turned to my dad stuck out his hand and said "sold".

I also had "my" cow (I got the money from her calf every year) that I also broke to ride, pull a sled, etc.. She was a skinny little half milk cow (nice cow, lots of milk.. but.. milk cow skinny), she was taken to auction by a friend when we moved and wasn't getting any bids until our friend jumped on her and started neck reining her around the ring.. started a real bidding war.

Had almost forgotten all about that.