Family Tradition

Paul Douglass

Been away for a while do to vacation and a bad computer virus that took a while to get fixed.

One family tradition in my family that is now on it's third generation, is that on a male's 13th birthday, he get his first razor. None of the males in three generations has needed one at that age, and the razors sat in drawers for a few years before they were used, but hey, who says family traditions have to make sense? Anyway my son reminded me my grandson was turning 13 and asked if I would put together a razor for him. I did, made the handle out of water buffalo horn and it looked sharp (pun?). Unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture of it. :( While I was at it I decided to make another one using a laser cut blank, for a pen. I had to modify it a little to make it work but it did work. Little hard to take a picture of but here it is. The antler part I filled in with real deer antler dust mixed in epoxy.

Attachments

• IMG_1001.JPG
    IMG_1001.JPG
    149.5 KB · Views: 55
That really is a cut above the rest Paul...bet you just shaved a hair off that blank! Big high 5 at ya!!...I know...I suk at filling in the blanks:eek::rofl::rofl:

Last edited: