More stuff

Jim Burr

Continuing a platter kick, almost the last of some amazing flame maple from a generous benefactor! After the back was turned and reversed on the tenon, the ellipses shape really came to mind. Not clear in the picks, but it has a full bead at the change that really lacked definition. A little attention with a black archival fine point took care of that. Under cut the bowl under the bead for more "Don't screw up" excitement! Black knocked back and 5 coats of blue each rubbed out with 0000 steel wool on top and bottom. Finish isn't dry yet so no pic's of the bottom. Pens are and Exec from CSUSA made from Diamond wood...never again!! The other 3 are self cast resin on 2 Aero's from CSUSA and an EB from Berea. Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• 019 (676 x 507).jpg
    019 (676 x 507).jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 28
  • side.jpg
    side.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 26
  • colorwood.jpg
    colorwood.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 27
  • triple.jpg
    triple.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 24
Sa-weet! Nicely done on both the platter and the pens.

You shoulda done a basket pattern on the platter.
oregonian_scram.gif

All very nicely done Jim!
I really like the looks of the Diamond wood, why never again?
What is the self casting material in the resin?

Les

Thanks guys!! Hey Les! Since I cut it on the bias, the grain runs long and it's very unstable...loves to fly apart. This one did just that, I found 3 out of the 4 pieces, had to fill in with sawdust:(. Casts are PR with Pearl-ex mixed with Costal Scents mica powder.