got my motor.....but..........

Frank, I'm sorry, but I couldn't help but laugh a little. I actually had visions of belt pieces flying and a look of exasperation on your face. But I'm not surprised that the belt didn't hold together. It's probably dry rotted.

what do you expect frank when you soup up a motor in a car you need a heavier clutch,,same thing with tools you need a high performance belt for it now with all your new HP:)

I thought the same thing as Larry, Frank. Old belt used to 1725, now turning 4000 plus? Never stood a chance unless it was relatively new.

Now I'm antsy with anticipation to see how it cuts. Does it work, Frank? Does it? Huh?

I thought the same thing as Larry, Frank. Old belt used to 1725, now turning 4000 plus? Never stood a chance unless it was relatively new.

Now I'm antsy with anticipation to see how it cuts. Does it work, Frank? Does it? Huh?

Wish that cliff near my house was higher. I'm ready to jump off.
Tried with new belt. Won't cut. Soon as wood hits the motor slows and stops. Like I went from a 3/4 hp to a 1/10 hp. Sounds good with no load. I'm really bummed. No joke this time.

Frank, is it actually bogging down the motor, or is the belt slipping? If it is truly stopping the motor, I'm totally bumfuzzled! Though LOML says that ain't hard to do!

Frank, the only other thing I can think of you aren't going to like. And that is a possible wiring issue. It just sounds like the motor isn't spinning at full power. But I may have no idea what I'm talking about. It wouldn't be the first time. I know the motor on my table saw can be wired for either 110 or 220v, and it makes a difference which wires get connected for which mode. But my manual tells me how to do it. I just have no idea how to know what to do on yours.

me to on the miss wiring and i remember someone asking to look at it before it got started but the cover wasnt coming back off:) but i will let darren and vaughn look at the diagrams they better suited for it than i am

So without knowing for sure its pretty hard to say but when your buddy said that changing the wiring order changed the direction my first thought it that that is generally only true on 3 phase motors. You can often get them to spin on "single phase" (which really kind of has two phases :huh:) but they aren't happy.

Can you get a shot of the info plate on the motor with all the details and post it? I'm sure not a sparky but I reckon that would help the collective figure out whats going on.

Having not seen the actual motor, I can't be sure - but the 240v~ motors I've worked on havent had internal ground connections. 240v~ motors don't require a ground to work. Two 'hot' legs and a neutral are all that's usually required. The "T" leads usually connect among themselves to determine operating voltage and direction of rotation, and there are (usually) "L" leads that connect to the power.

Often, there's a wiring diagram that's printed on the underside of the wiring cover plate, or otherwise on the motor's nameplate. The connections are generally pretty simple and someone who's worked with motors could likely have it up and running in a couple minutes.

Frank: Can you take pictures of both the wiring box (and its cover) and the motor's nameplate. That might help us determine something. Otherwise, take your motor and switch to an electrical repair shop and ask them to wire it for you. It'll only take them a few minutes, and likely won't cost you very much at all. After all, what's your time and frustration been worth so far?