got my motor.....but..........

If you've got a little point and shoot camera, you can put it in macro mode and take a picture and blow it up and print it out. I've done it to read things that are in hard to reach places where a persons head won't fit.

Can you believe???? :woot:
It cuts!!!!! :bliss:
I was doubtful it was a mis-wiring problem. I can count to five on good days. And the diagrams were not in Chinese.
But, I double checked anyway. I took off the black tape and checked the connection. :eek: Uh-Oh! One came apart in my hands. With two wires coming out of the motor they have to be twisted together before connecting. I am using those yellow things that get squeezed to hold the wires. The two twisted did not make it down to the metal inside and, of course, no connection. With only short wire to work with I stripped a little more insulation off and retwisted and reinserted into a new connector. Then I finished the incoming wire to the connector.
I turned on and what a difference. Put that trial hunk of maple to it and it cuts mighty fine. :bounce: Ask me if I'm happy. :highfive:
Only downside, I had to remove the blade cover/splitter. I think it is bent a little. Will tinker with it at another time to see if I can put on and use.

YUP, especially on motors and thing that can vibrate.

Hadn't thought about the vibration aspect. I know wire nuts are used more than crimp connectors on most 120v and 240v connections, including my saws and my lathe. Are the crimps better for motors and such? (You've got a lot more motor experience than I do.)

Frank, I would replace the wire nuts with some inline crimp connectorsand more wire to make the wires a little longer, as you already said you have a problem there. Then crimp on either spade connectors to fit or loop connectors. Vibration proof. The borg will have them.

Frank, I would replace the wire nuts with some inline crimp connectorsand more wire to make the wires a little longer, as you already said you have a problem there. Then crimp on either spade connectors to fit or loop connectors. Vibration proof. The borg will have them.

I have never favored the wire nuts because of the bulkiness factor. What I have now works, I'm not eager to make changes and screw things up.