Lock Your Cars!

Vaughn McMillan

Administrator
Staff member
There are thieving goats out there...

Robber Goat 300.jpg

:D

It is incomprehensible to me that someone could have the job of policeman and believe a story like that. I am appalled that a witness really believes that he saw that.

I do understand that superstition and ignorance is prevalent on this old world. However, it is hard to believe that a policeman is that far from reality. How did he become a policeman?

I do understand that many millions of people in the USA have superstitions (Don't walk under a ladder, Friday the 13th, etc.). The superstitions are ridiculous, however a man turning into a goat is thousands of times further from reality.

I am so thankful that I was able to get an education so I am not ignorant and superstitious. Just think of the brain power that is wasted because they are not educated.

Sorry for the rant.

Enjoy,
JimB

It is incomprehensible to me that someone could have the job of policeman and believe a story like that. I am appalled that a witness really believes that he saw that...

What? Like you've never seen a man turn into a goat? :huh: Then again, you probably didn't go to high school in the '70s...like I did. :rofl:

@ Jim sorry to say its a reminder of just how far up the chain you live in the USA. You have min standards req to be a Police officer. :) Sometimes in the land of the blind the man with one eye is king :(

This remind me of some of the superstitions I came across in SA. The one i have never forgotten is the one related to putting empty gallon size paint cans or bricks under the legs of a ordinary bed to raise it off the floor.

The logic and reasoning behind this had nothing to do with any practical kind it was felt that the higher one was off the floor the safer one was from the Tokoloshe. :)

@ Vaughn so i will match your goat and raise you one tokoloshe.:rofl: There are way more where that one came from. :rofl:

I can see it now in the headlines........"Ex woodworker gives up lathe and fine woodworking shop" ...... August 16 Reuters news breaking story ...."Famous Californian woodworker Jim Bradley today decided to pass on all his tools to his son Glenn while committing to following in the footsteps of that most famous of African explorers, David Livingston. Subsequent to seeing an article on thieves turning into goats Jim committed to venture forth into the heart of Africa to open a school to educate Policemen and dispel myths".......go for it Jim.:):rofl:
Son Glenn was heard saying.....Dad i dont have space for all your stuff. :rofl:

The police may just have been placating the locals. Although, on Wierd or What? there was an article about US police taking seriously the appearance of a lizard-man and a hugely oversized wolf, amongst other things.

Goat is delicious, BTW. We have a large Caribbean contingent in our church, and once a year we have a Caribbean dinner, which usually includes curried goat, and often flying fish. I'm told the fish are shot over dogs from shore...

What? Like you've never seen a man turn into a goat?

The only thing I've seen and old man turn in to is a "coot" :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Goat is delicious, BTW. We have a large Caribbean contingent in our church, and once a year we have a Caribbean dinner, which usually includes curried goat, and often flying fish. I'm told the fish are shot over dogs from shore...

I've heard it is better than lamb, but I can't seem to find it anywhere (cuz I love lamb).

My brother works in Nigeria (oil company). I just shudder at some of the things I hear.

The only thing I've seen and old man turn in to is a "coot" :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Hey! As a fledgling coot myself (cootling? coot nouveau?), I'm not sure whether to be offended by that remark or not. :p Now get off my lawn, Missy! :rofl:

...I've heard it is better than lamb, but I can't seem to find it anywhere (cuz I love lamb)...

When I was a kid, where was a family in our area what threw a huge "cabrito pool party" every summer. They would roast a whole goat and have a pool party attended by half the people living in the valley. Since I was just a kid, and I was more interested in the pool than the food, I couldn't tell you if it was any good. But I do know throngs of people came to eat it.

A number of goat comments and stories spring to mind, many of them well outside the CoC.
Some years ago, a former friend asked my wife, in a moment of moral disadvantage, if she could keep her (15 or so) goats in our barn for a "couple of weeks". It turned into all winter and they wore out their welcome long before Christmas. The "goat on a spit" image is the best one I can think of.

i ate it once after i helped butcher them,, not interested again that odor even on a young one is permeating..and all i could remember was the odor as i tried to eat the rest of it..and i have ate alot of off the wall stuff..had to it was all that was availble in the culvert i was stayun in..

You and me Larry. I have had it in South America but not again. Same applies to the cheese for me. Its not a wild taste or smell i can eat any venison goat is in a camp of its own as far as i am concerned. But i guess if one is hungry you eat anything. :)

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

From my (admittedly limited) experience goat is pretty much like sheep. Young and they're delicious, old and if you stew it long enough its still nutritious.

My friends neighbor in Maui butchered some goats a couple years back, apparently they didn't bother skinning them but just burned the hair off and stuck them on the spit skin and all :eek: