I'm Back!!

Yeah guys I am back. Perhaps some of you have noticed my absense, and perhaps you have not. Either way I did not leave because I was upset in any way. Quite the opposite in fact. I just took my annual pilgrimege.

I am a die hard snowmobiler, and thus unlike most woodworkers who do a lot of woodworking in the dismal winter months, I am far to busy riding my sled. After a late start, I managed to log on 3,674 miles on my sled in the past 9 weekends and really had a great season. I rode a lot of trails I have never ridden before, and even introduced some people to the sport. That was the cool part.

Anyway now that the season is over, I am back out in my woodworking shop. I spent all of yesterday and most of today finishing up one of those custom wooden models I am known for. It was sad to see the snow being melted by the rain today as it will be another 9 months before I get to ride it again, but at the same time. It felt good to be out in my shop making sawdust.

Katadin_Overlook.jpg

Wow...you've sledded far more miles than I've driven in the past 9 weekends. I'd say "diehard" is an understatement. Sounds like you had a great season. :thumb:

Yeah guys I am back. Perhaps some of you have noticed my absense, and perhaps you have not. Either way I did not leave because I was upset in any way. Quite the opposite in fact. I just took my annual pilgrimege.

I am a die hard snowmobiler, and thus unlike most woodworkers who do a lot of woodworking in the dismal winter months, I am far to busy riding my sled. After a late start, I managed to log on 3,674 miles on my sled in the past 9 weekends and really had a great season. I rode a lot of trails I have never ridden before, and even introduced some people to the sport. That was the cool part.

Anyway now that the season is over, I am back out in my woodworking shop. I spent all of yesterday and most of today finishing up one of those custom wooden models I am known for. It was sad to see the snow being melted by the rain today as it will be another 9 months before I get to ride it again, but at the same time. It felt good to be out in my shop making sawdust.

Katadin_Overlook.jpg

Thats a lot of miles in weekends. Where are you located/ sledding?

I made a couple of runs to Canada and one to Old Forge, New York a few years back but am not as fond of the cold anymore....

But it sure can be beautiful out there...
Garry

Welcome back Travis.
I used to squirt a lot of dirt but I never made it onto a snowmobile. It sure looks like a gas! I was in Alaska last week and took a drive toward Mount McKinley. In the 100 miles or so, I don’t think I saw one 20’ strip along the highway that wasn’t covered with snowmobile tracks!

Thanks guys. I certainly do enjoy snowmobiling almost to the point that it becomes obsessive. Last year we had a serious lack of snow so I only logged 1500 miles, but the year before it was about the same as this year, 3,434 miles. That gives me an average of about 2900 miles a year. Not bad considering.

Here is a link to the snowmobiling section of my website in case you would like to see some of the scenerey Maine has to offer in the winter-time and yet remain warm and cozy as you do so. The view from Lookout Mountain was spectacular, but oh was it windy that day. You can see it in the short video I took.

Snowmobiling