FS: Sargent std angle block plane - $25

ken werner

What it is. A nice Sargent standard angle block plane, with an adjustable throat, and lateral lever. Blade is 1 5/8" wide. Honed by me on a black Ark oil stone. It'll work fine right out of the box. Lapped the sole, all parts oiled and functioning well.

Here's how it looked when I bought it:
sargentblockpre.jpg

And here's how it looks now:

Sargentafter.jpg

Sargentsoleafter.jpg

This is for comparison with a LN, it's just a little bigger.
SargLNcomparison.jpg

So, my price is $25 plus shipping. Paypal personal, or check is fine.

Go for it Rennie. ;) I've got more than one Werner Refurb in my shop, and I can attest to their worthiness and value. :)

Rennie, thank you sir.
I am looking forward to working with a well tuned and sharp plane - something my $15 stanley and current sharpening skills have never been able to supply. I anticipate that this will be my 'go-to' plane for many years to come. You do offer free life time re-sharpening, right? :rofl:

I am looking forward to working with a well tuned and sharp plane - something my $15 stanley and current sharpening skills have never been able to supply. I anticipate that this will be my 'go-to' plane for many years to come. You do offer free life time re-sharpening, right? :rofl:

I have an older #4 that was a gift from Ken, and it was the first plane I'd ever used that was properly fettled and sharpened. It's now the benchmark plane by which I compare all of my own attempts at setting up and sharpening my other planes. :thumb: